• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate stops exporting mp4 after creating nested symbol

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using version AA23.0.2 on Macbook Pro OS Catalina 10.15.7.

Whenever I create a nested symbol I can no longer export to video/media. 

I can get to the settings window but when I hit export nothing happens - no error window, nothing.

I am able to export to mp4 when I do not have any nested symbols in the file.

I am also able to export my past animations that I've made in the past with this method. 

Just to be clear,  what I mean by nested symbol is that I create an animation (for example a bee moving its wings) as a symbol then come back to the top layer and move that symbol across my stage so that I can keep my timeline from getting unwieldly. 

I've been creating short animations (no more than ten seconds long) to post on Instagram for about a month or so and this has never happened before. To explain my workflow a bit more, I create my illustrations on Illustrator and import them to Animate. 

A solution would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add my export settings look like this. Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 13.50.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've played around a bit more to see what could be the issue and I've narrowed it down to the particular assets I've created on Illustrator for this particular animation. 

Exporting is fine when I create a completely new file with different assets nested or not. That being said would like to know what could be causing this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further update. Doesn't seem to be the Illustrator assets. I have recreated all of the illustrator paths on a new document and proceeded with the animation. As soon as I create multiple keyframes in the layer below Animate stops exporting. Someone, please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you share the file to take a closer look? You can use a file sharing service like Google Drive or WeTransfer for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the file: https://we.tl/t-xKrQ71TUTr

There were some points in the process of editing this file that export was possible. What I can deduce from trial and error up until this point is that Animate stops exporting when I add keyframes and the file gets more complicated. 

Would appreciate your input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't have any problem exporting video using your fla.  maybe you need more ram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Strange. I don't have a problem exporting other fla files that are bigger than this one. I've also tried creating a new file and reloading all of the Illustrator assets but Animate stops exporting after I get to a certain point in the editing process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have more the 16 gb or ram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says I have 16 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16gb is the minimum needed to run animate.  creating video requires more.

check how much ram is being used when exporting and when creating the video in ame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. Wouldn't I get an error message in that case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. i expect your video export would progress slowly and then stop until animate crashes.

if nothing happens, there probably is some other problem.  in that case, reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. No crashing, nothing happens. How do I reset my preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall animate including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled and reinstalled Animate. Also restarted my computer but still won't export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your ram utilization show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you need to see?

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 2.21.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you see that updating in realtime after clicking export video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The memory being used only fluctuates slightly after I hit export (and nothing happened). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try running animate as an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite understanding what that means. Can you tell me how I can do that on my mac? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that (my advice) doesn't look relevant to catalina.  contact adobe support via chat. 

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. Thanks so much for all of your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you get help, post the solution here to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines