Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animations get error when exporting as sprite sheet

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I made a simple animation (please check the attached files)

in that the animation looks perfect,

and in the SWF also it is perfect

but if I export the animations as a sprite sheet, I get this error https://prnt.sc/pqNM1z6Bu02b

a piece of the object is visible in the corner (annoyingly)

I tried all the settings in the generate sprite window, but nothing works

if I draw a square to cover the animation and export it, it looks ok

but the sprite size become bigger than my requirement which is 2048x2048

sorry for my bad English,

I have attached the video file for a better understanding of the issue

please download the animate file here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dufwb0d6w4dtnd6/Error.fla

please help me to solve this, I have many animations clips like this and this problem is annoying

Thanks

TOPICS
Error , Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Hello, there are 2 bugs with the spritesheet generator that are yet to be fixed:

One is the incorrect clipping that often happens with parented layers and imported assets, and the other is the lack of support for frame filters.

After looking at your file, I did manage to export the spritesheet by using a few workarounds:

First, the clipping problem. Use the alpha filter directly on the movie clip instead of the frame, convert all the tweens to frame by frame animation and merge down the layers (I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

increase your image dimensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @kglad thanks for the reply!

I have tried that method also

but I don't what my sprite size is more than 2048x2048,

can you please check the file here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dufwb0d6w4dtnd6/Error.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file is ActionScript 3, which would not involve spritesheets. Converting it to HTML5 Canvas and publishing gives a spritesheet that is 512x512.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure why @Colin Holgate suggested there's something wrong about using an as3 project to create a spritesheet, so perhaps he can elaborate.

as for my suggestion, the image dimension is the size of the spritesheet, not the sprite sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that I am behind the times! I couldn't see any spritesheet options in the publish settings. I may need to look harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not the publish settings, the spritesheet panel,

kglad_0-1650898534309.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. With that option I get a 2048x2048 spritesheet when selecting the first frame, and a 1024x512 spritesheet if I go into the animation.

I did notice when converting to HTML5 Canvas that there are a lot of symbols that don't appear in the timeline. If I select everything in the Library it does use the 8192x8192 maximum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the op just probably needs to set to 4096x4096 to stop the clipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there are 2 bugs with the spritesheet generator that are yet to be fixed:

One is the incorrect clipping that often happens with parented layers and imported assets, and the other is the lack of support for frame filters.

After looking at your file, I did manage to export the spritesheet by using a few workarounds:

First, the clipping problem. Use the alpha filter directly on the movie clip instead of the frame, convert all the tweens to frame by frame animation and merge down the layers (I guess this makes it easier for the program to calculate the content margins of each frame?).

As for the 2048 x 2048 spec, I decreased the scale of the movie clip frames by 5% by highlighting them using Edit Multiple Frames, selecting all objects with the free transform tool then setting the scale to 95% from the Transform window in order to just barely hit the size limit;

Mario_CR_1-1650999267671.png

Lastly, I generated the spritesheet using these settings:

Mario_CR_0-1650998071920.png

Note: Algorithm can be Basic or MaxRects but format has to be Sparrow v2 in order to enable "Trim". Without it, each frame is going to be much larger.

Here's the link of the fixed FLA just in case. Let us know if this works for you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jhq_aZc9nU_u0LRKBEMlOHfHLCeslz0C/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the effort @Mario_CR 

I really appreciate it...

it's really helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines