Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio | Animate CC and After Effects fps

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I hope someone could help me with audio file issue I have at the moment. 
I make animation in Animate CC (mostly lip-sync) 25fps.
When I import my audio file (MP3 44kHz) to  Animate CC - I can see the audio file lenght is 2537 frames. 
When I import the same audio file to After Effects (25fps) - lenght is 2546 frames. 
Also - when I import SWF to AE - at one point sync just fails. As I see SWF is correct lenght at 25fps but something with audio file. 

Can't understand what's going on and I can't find what cause it. 
Maybe some of you had same issue before?

What I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decompress the audio source to 16-bit 44100Hz PCM WAV and try again.

If you export SWF for further compositing, set the audio to RAW, maximum quality.

See if this gives you better results.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you n. tilcheff but I've tried that one too. 
I really don't understand why the same voice over has different frames in After Effects and Animate CC when all the settings are the same (except in Animate CC they show the VO is 44kHz instead 44.1kHz)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that there has been an IO problem with mapping audio to frames in Flash for many versions.

In CS6, which I use the most, when exporting a PNG sequence and separate WAV for rendering the video in Premiere there is always a few frames mismatch which gets larger the longer the animation is.

What I do in Premiere is to change the Speed/Duration of the audio to match the duration of the PNG sequence exactly. This is the fastest way I have discovered to solve the issue. The change from this is not noticeable and maintains perfect sync.

Maybe there is a Speed/Duration setting in AE also and you can do just that. I have not touched AE for many years so I don't remember...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I found a solution so I will leave it here.
After exporting SWF and importing the file to AE all I did - just changed fps from 25 to 24.945fps (right click on SWF file/Interpret Footage/Main... )
It's not a perfect sync but it's very close to lip-sync which I made in Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines