Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see objects in FLA file on Animate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to animate and a while ago I attempted an animated sort of banner and saved it as a FLA file and output as a swf file too.

I recently went to make edits and when I open the FLA file in animate - Scene 1 is just a white space and when I click on Edit Symbols there is a list of the different elements which also show as a white screen - but also show a white circle, a cross and a green motion line. All the objects are either text or drawn objects but non are showing. I've tried changing the background but they are still not showing. It looks like all the movements are there but just not showing the objects.

Animate.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Scissor Station2 has nothing on its stage.  fix that and that will solve, at least, some of the problems if not all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toggle your hide/show layer on and off.

if that fails, click that circle and check the properties panel to see if it's a library symbol and then check your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy with hide/show layer.

In properties it says it is a movie clip but should be a graphic or text box.

The items are all listed in library as well but they all appear the same as on the Scene.

Is there a way to reattach the elements to these movements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that movieclip exist in your library and appear normal/visible in the library panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears in the library list and has a play and stop in the preview but just shows a white screen in the preview box. They have a cropped grey cog wheel icon next to them as well if that helps? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your fla to a file server.

if you can't do that, embed a screenshot of your library showing that cog wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

how do I do that?

Here is the screenshot. Thanks

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you know how to use dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a dropbox account, just haven't used it in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla to dropbox and invite kglad at hotmail dot com to share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scissor Station2 has nothing on its stage.  fix that and that will solve, at least, some of the problems if not all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking at it for me. How do I add the elements to the stage and link them to the motion paths that are already there?

Sorry for the questions have googled etc and nothing seems to explain any of these things. Thank you again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think they'll automatically link correctly.  the movieclip is already tweened.  it just has no visible content.  once you create content it will tween.

when i tested i saw an object fade and move down, i believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad,

How do I get them to link - they were graphics created in indesign/animate and not something seperate I can import? If I recreate the content again in animate how will it link - will i have to call it the same?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put graphics on Scissor Station2 and test.  i added a rectangle.  do you see it tween when testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem bro, can u have suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may need to upload your file somewhere that we can get it in order to look for what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines