• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .swf to mp4

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having an issue where when im trying to  export my .swf file as an mp4 file but it keeps screwing up every time i try. idk whats causing it but i could use some help.Swivel 10_15_2018 9_36_09 AM.png

this is the outcome of trying to export it

this is how its suppose to beSonics monitor calamity.fla_ 10_15_2018 9_34_24 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

If you have the original working file, export directly from there to the mp4 format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the original working file, export directly from there to the mp4 format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't convert my swf file into mp4 one. Help please!!!

I do have the original file and Animate, but I can't convert my swf file to mp4. Is it possible to do it with Animate? I've tried many online converters but they don't work on my file (error). I tried to import it to After effects and render it as high quality .mov, but the quality of the mov file was very low...

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If by original file you mean the FLA, you can export that from Animate to mp4.

There is something else you can do to export a SWF to mp4, using Animate. Make an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, and save it next to the SWF. In Actions, in frame one, put in this code:

import flash.display.Loader;
import flash.net.URLRequest;

var ldr: Loader = new Loader();
var request: URLRequest = new URLRequest("nameofanimation.swf");
ldr.load(request);
addChild(ldr);
stop();

In the video export options, look for where you can set a start time and duration. Put 0 into the start time, and the length of the animation in the duration. You should then get an mp4 of the animation that was in the SWF.

By the way, you should also set the stage size to match the SWF, and the frame rate as well. In the video export settings you can choose a video size that isn't the same as the SWF, and the animation should scale up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do NOT have the original file you can also use After Effects which can read swf files and can export to Mp4 but your issue might stem from a protected swf if you don't have that fla file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems Adobe no longer even recognizes SWF files and we are all DOOMED!!!! Thanks a bunch Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines