• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to mp4 ruins quality

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help a student out! Finished my midterm for my adobe animate class and I want to export and post it but no matter what combination of export settings I try, the quality looks horrible. Stage size is 640x480 but I'm scared to change it and mess up my entire animation since it is over a minute long, includes sounds and ai files as well. A bit too complicated to export as a gif right? I downloaded Quicktime and scoured threads on this subject but it was no use. I think what is happening is that exporting changes it to a pixel file rather than the vectors it's originally made out of and that messes up the quality but I have a hard time believing there's no way around this. Please can someone help me, I feel like I've tried everything and I just want to show people my animation, I don't know why it's so hard!

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

You're rendering the video in 480p, which is not only low for modern standards but also it's in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9. You could either increase the render size in the export window or change the stage size from the properties panel (Doc tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're going File > Export > Export Video/Media.

Could you list all the settings you're using (or include a screenshot of the settings). The Format H.264 should give good results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mira5EC3_0-1649059961080.png

Yes these are my settings but this is what it looks like exported, you can see the pixelated edges of the text and that's how the whole thing looks.

Mira5EC3_1-1649060355139.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just text hat looks poor in quality? It looks like a text rendering issue. Is there any other text that looks OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is the drawings as well, it's just easily visible in the text example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Animate stage is 640x480 and I'm betting you are exporting to a larger scale when it gets to AME? Or are you not checking that box at the bottom of your export popup that sends it to AME? What's the width and height of your .mp4 file?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when you open the exported MP4 in your video playback software, is it going fullscreen? It looks like it is from your screenshot. If so, you are essentially scaling from 640x480 to whatever your screen resolution is which is very likely much larger - say, 1920x1080 or even higher. If you playback your MP4 at 100% original size, I'm betting the text and all other artwork will look perfect.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're rendering the video in 480p, which is not only low for modern standards but also it's in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9. You could either increase the render size in the export window or change the stage size from the properties panel (Doc tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I scaled up the render size and now it looks great! Thank you for everyone's help, I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines