Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the "net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED" error

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to write a program in javascipt, but every time I'm trying to test my program, I get the error:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
Uncaught TypeError: cjs.MovieClip is not a constructor
Uncaught TypeError: AdobeAn.getComposition is not a function

I tried to make a blank program with no code, but I still get this error.

I already tried to reinstall Animate and Adobe Cloud, and also restarting my PC, but nothing works.

Thanks for anyone who is willing to help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is perhaps because DNS of code.createjs.com (CDN server) is down.

I also catch this error 2, 3 hours ago.

I want to know when code.createjs.com will recover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work for you now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I think we can't help waiting server recovery. But, there is work around.

[Work around solution]

Setting option of 'Hosted Libraries' off,  Animate will make create.js library in local libs folder. This solution avoid access to code.createjs.com server.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/http-code-createjs-com-is-down/m-p/10045853

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. This saved my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. Been trying to get my previews work but im getting an error on this https://code.createjs.com/1.0.0/create.min.jsa. This just happened suddenly. All my working previews before are getting the same error now. Can someone assist please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everybody.

I run a test here and it works.

Maybe you're facing some kind of instability.

Can you confirm if this is working now?

In the meantime, as already suggested here, go to File > Publish Settings > PUBLISH > JavaScript/HTML > HTML/JS and uncheck Hosted Libraries so that Animate will use a local copy of CreateJS.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as "code.createjs.com" is in a DOWN state, then I don't think it can work. As can be seen here

https://candum.com/code.createjs.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both https://code.createjs.com/ and https://code.createjs.com/1.0.0/createjs.min.js are working for me.

Can you provide more details of the issue you're facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Chrome says that the site can't be reached, maybe this is related to my location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell...

I tried here in Brave, Chrome, and Safari and it worked in all of them.

Have you tried cleaning your cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I cleared my cache but it does not help. Just to be sure, if you go to this link https://candum.com/code.createjs.com. What does it say about the status of createjs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yehonatan5EAF It says it's down.

image.png

But it's odd as I can normally access the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I really cannot understand how you can have an access if it is in a DOWN status.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not problem of CDN server.

It may be problem of DNS. Browser seems to fail to resolve domain of code.createjs.com.

So, some people can access create.js but, other people can't.

And I think affected region is spreading. My all environemnts can't access code.createjs.com now, although some environemnt can access 3 hours ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird...

What if you use a local copy of CreateJS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using local copy of createjs works well. I already have modified many published programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good.

Let's stick with this method of using a local copy of CreateJS until access normalizes or someone from the Animate team speaks up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem as everyone else. I'm just wondering if there is another way or if you have to manually go and re-publish all the files all over again with a local copy? I have about 500 banners that stopped working this morning that my company had to pause, and to manually have to republish all of them requires a lot of work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is temporary work around solution. I have already solved this problem for over 500 creative.

1) Republish one animate file with "File > Publish Settings > PUBLISH > JavaScript/HTML > HTML/JS and uncheck Hosted Libraries" setting.

->  this make libs/1.0.0/createjs.min.js.

2) Replace  the following statement in all file to the statemnt which use local 'libs/1.0.0/createjs.min.js' file. It is easy if you use grep function of text editor.

<script src="https://code.createjs.com/1.0.0/createjs.min.js"></script>

↓ replace

<script src="libs/1.0.0/createjs.min.js"></script>

* This is the example when all creative is in same foleder. if it is not, you must copy 'libs/1.0.0/createjs.min.js' to all folders.

* Old file may contain following code. If so, It needs slithly complicated solution...

<script src="https://code.createjs.com/createjs-2015.11.26.min.js"></script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. My company is thinking to announce the media agency to stop all the HTML campaigns until further notice... Is not a solution to re-upload new banners with the new js URL... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. It would take many hours to manually do this, it is not a good solution at all even though it works in theory. We decided to pause every campaign when we discovered this problem, every banner that was live was just displayed as a white box, but still buying the ad space. I really hope that Adobe fixes this problem soon, otherwise I guess we just have to spend hours to manually edit every creative. It is also not optimal to host the JS local since this makes the file weigh a lot more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a slightly older library hosted on Google (DoubleClick ad network) that still makes the simple animations work.

In the index.html the code

<script src="https://code.createjs.com/1.0.0/createjs.min.js"></script>

replace with this code:

<script src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/createjs_2019.11.15_min.js"></script>

Maybe that helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines