Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to animate the angle of an primitive ovale

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to create an animation from this to that, with the Primitive oval tool, but I didn't find how to animate the angle.

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

The cheat-iest way to do it would be to make it a frame-by-frame animation from a full circle to none by changing the angle in the Properties panel then reverse the frames:

1. Use the Oval Primitive Tool to draw your circle the size you want on the Stage in a keyframe.
  2. Set its start angle to 0 and end angle to 0.
  3. Add a new keyframe (which will make a copy of your circle).
  4. Select the circle and change the start angle to 45.
  5. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 90.
  6. Make a new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting challenge.

It can be done using an animated mask or possibly a shape tween with a stroke but in what direction are you picturing the stroke to go from image 1 to image 2? I'd be happy to solve this for you and possibly live stream the process. Just need to visualize the  actual animation.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create an animation from 0° to 360° like a circular progress bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cheat-iest way to do it would be to make it a frame-by-frame animation from a full circle to none by changing the angle in the Properties panel then reverse the frames:

1. Use the Oval Primitive Tool to draw your circle the size you want on the Stage in a keyframe.
  2. Set its start angle to 0 and end angle to 0.
  3. Add a new keyframe (which will make a copy of your circle).
  4. Select the circle and change the start angle to 45.
  5. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 90.
  6. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 135.
  7. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 180.
  8. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 225.
  9. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 270.
  10. Make a new keyframe, select the circle and set the start angle to 315.
  11. Add an empty keyframe.
  12. Select the layer and go to Modify > Timeline > Reverse Frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of 'cheatiest' why doesn't animate simply animate between parameters which is very common in other animation applications? 

The inability to do that simple animation in a program called Animate is pretty baffling, don't you agree?

Simply parametrically tween from one angle to the next. Can it be explained why that wouldn't be a feature in this program? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seams tha function was removed. Because it was possible do that in the past with Flash.
Adobe, What was happen?
  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In what version? I have Flash CS6 right here and no, it wasn't tweenable. I would like the feature though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think using the half circle mask technique is a nice solution.  Check out this tutorial for details: http://html-tuts.com/flash-circular-progress-bar/

Scroll down to the "Create the Flash Circular Progress Bar with Mask" part; it will give you the result you want.

flash-circular-progress-bar-final.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just.emma​ This is a good tutorial, but how to round off the angles? I will continue to explore the possibilities of masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines