• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid that really bad quality after exporting to GIF in Animate CC

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I've finally finished my animation. But when I export it as animated GIF, the quality of the resulting GIF-file is just dire even with the best export settings (supposedly). Though while I'm testing it in a browser, it shows pretty neat and clear animation. Is there any chance to have a GIF-animation of the same quality?
Attached files are "video" - how it looks while testing in browser, export settings, and GIF - how it looks after exporting as animated GIF. Thank you for you help!

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 3.31.46 PM.png

GIF.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Can I try your FLA?

It may end up being that you've used a few thousand colors in doing all of the gradients, and reducing that to 256 colors is bound to not look as good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIF only uses 256 colors, and each of your gradients are using dozens of colors, leaving less colors for the more detailed parts.

I would try changing from Selective to Adaptive and also try No Dither.

Also check that your bitmaps in the library are set to lossless, allow smoothing. If they are already set to be JPEG they will have noise in the image even before you try the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've changed all these properties, but the result is still the same. Any chance you have some other ideas, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I try your FLA?

It may end up being that you've used a few thousand colors in doing all of the gradients, and reducing that to 256 colors is bound to not look as good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's actually might be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines