• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 ads not working in IE

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some HTML5 banner ads I made, and the client is just getting a black box when trying to view them.

It seems like the <canvas> tag isnt rendering for them. Theyre on internet explorer too

Is there a minimum IE version that Adobe Animate's html5 banners work on? They all work fine for me on Chrome and Safari on my mac.

They sent me this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 4.22.31 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Canvas is HTML 5 element. HTML 4 don't recognise Canvas element. Internet Explorer 8 don't recognise Canvas element.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canvas is HTML 5 element. HTML 4 don't recognise Canvas element. Internet Explorer 8 don't recognise Canvas element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, theyre getting this black screen in IE11. I wonder maybe because the CreateJS library is being hosted on doubleclicks server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have link of banner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the temporary link: 300x250_mcqueen_en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 I tested with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and IE 11. The only oddities were the performance in Firefox and Safari weren't perfect (but were good enough), and in IE 11 it doesn't seem to honor HiDPI, the banner came out larger in size than in the other browsers.

I don't think it's possible to test IE 8, 9, or 10 in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow thanks man! Im assuming its the client's IE thats blocking scripts or something. I have CreateJS stored on an external URL, so i think thats the problem. (problem for them not me!).

Time to gently tell them its their browser not me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines