Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to change font weight

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I'm having an annoing issue. I can't change the font weigth. It appears blocked. I made a lot of things: reinstall Animate, come back to default settings... etc and I still can't.

I'm working actively in Animate and I am having to create texts in Illustrator and copy-paste them in Animate, but I have to do it everytime I have to make a minimum change.

Please help!!!Captura de pantalla 2019-11-08 a las 11.44.00.png

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Hi,

We have heard this issue from couple of users who have updated to Catalina from previous Mac OS versions. We have no luck yet reproducing this in-house as this doesn’t seems to happen with OS update every time. We are still actively investigating the cause of this issue.

In the meantime couple of users have confirmed that updating Catalina to the latest or Installing Catalina a fresh(not an update on top of the older Mac OS version) help resolve this issue. Could you please try this and see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Hi All 

Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the latest update (20.0.2.22168) that we have pushed today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest to avail the fix.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Últimamente Adobe ya no es lo que era. Tiene muchos bugs y cada vez se les descontrola más el asunto. En fin...

Intentaré probar es solución cuando tenga un rato, pero es un bug claramente. Si una fuente da error debería saltarla y no mostrarla en lugar de inhabilitar la selección de estilo. De momento lo que estoy haciendo es montar los textos en Illustrator y pegarlos en Animate. Así sí funciona aunque si quieres hacer algún cambio tienes que repetir el proceso.

En cuanto al tema de la compresión, yo pensaba que lo habían migrado al panel de publicar. Ahí puedes decidir la compresión de las imágenes cuando publicas, aunque lo malo es que todas tienen que llevar la misma compresión, y eso no mola.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have heard this issue from couple of users who have updated to Catalina from previous Mac OS versions. We have no luck yet reproducing this in-house as this doesn’t seems to happen with OS update every time. We are still actively investigating the cause of this issue.

In the meantime couple of users have confirmed that updating Catalina to the latest or Installing Catalina a fresh(not an update on top of the older Mac OS version) help resolve this issue. Could you please try this and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Updated now and it didn't help. Still the same thing, I cannot choose the font's weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very frustrating. I will have to create the text as image the way I want it to look (bold, line-height reduced) and import it in Animate in order to finish some HTML5 banners. 12 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you. As I said in a previous comment, the best thing working for me by the moment is to create the texts in Illustrator and copy-pasting them into Animate. They remain as vectors and you still can export them as shapes. I hope it works for you until developers solve this issue theay are saying is almost our fault for updating our mac OS. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am doing that right now. It works-around the issue perfectly.
Thank you very much, bro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pablo_el_tipo your workaround works for me too.  For me once I paste the text I created in AI into Animate, I can break apart that symbol down to a level where it becomes editable type again.  Yay!  Still would be nice for Adobe to fix the original issue but this is a good wrokaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohanaraj your solution suggestion did not work for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

While the team doesn't come up with a solution, I wrote this script that may or may not be able to change the font style/face.

Code:

https://github.com/joao-cesar/adobe/tree/master/animate%20cc/jsfl/change_font_face

Download:

Go to the link below and click de Clone or download button to download the whole repository.

https://github.com/joao-cesar/adobe

Usage:

1 - Select one or more text field instances;
2 - Run the "Change Font Face.jsfl" file in one of the following ways:
- Double-clicking it;
- Drag and dropping it over the Animate IDE;
- Going to Commands > Run Command....
3 - Select the font face in the dropdown menu;
4 - Click "OK";

adobe_animate_jsfl_change_font_face_00.pngadobe_animate_jsfl_change_font_face_01.png

Please notice that this is experimental. As I cannot reproduce this issue, I'm not sure if this is gonna work.

Issues:

- It's going to load all installed fonts in your system. I'll try to figure out later a way to filter out faces not related to the current text field font family.

- I'm not sure if this will load webfonts. I'll check this later.

Please feel free to modify this script in any way needed.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WoW! They should hire you in Adobe!
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, sir, are my hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

I'm going to work on this script again and see what can be improved.

Probably it's going to be a good idea to turn this into a panel so there won't be the need to keep calling it everytime a font face/weight change is needed.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoãoCésar

You are my hero too! 

With all due respect I don´t understand how Mohanaraj answer is the "right answer" if it has not been solved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohanaraj!
Sorry, but I'm not going to make a fresh new installation of my OS just because I can't change my font-style in Animate. It sounds ridiculous.
I think you shouldn't have marked your answer as the right one even because you are not offering a solution because you are not sure if making the new installation would work.

Thanks anyway for your taking your time! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Appologise that I could not be of further help at that point of time and I did not mark my post as Correct Answer. Just want to update you that we have figured out the root cause of this issue and working on resolving this. Will update here as soon as the fix is ready.

Thanks!

Mohan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Mohan. It is good to know that you have figured out the root cause of this issue.

Best,

PD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I didn't realized it was so nice! You just have to download the jsfl file, double click it and it works! I saw it but I thought it was quite more difficult than it really is.

Even if it is awesome (I think it really is, thank you João) I think it can't be the definitive solution for this issue. Changing font style is a basic and we cannot stay runing a script every time we want to do so.

Thank you for remembering us the João solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I'm really glad to kwow that this script is being helpful! I still have the intention to turn it into a panel so it won't be necessary to manually call the script everytime a font change is needed.

Anyway, really good to know that the team figured it out the root of the issue, Mohan!

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All 

Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the latest update (20.0.2.22168) that we have pushed today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest to avail the fix.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Mohan!

This is excellent! Thanks for the hard work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, appreciate this is a VERY old thread, but I had this issue running Animate 2019 on Catalina yesterday. It had been working fine, then for no apparant reason the 'style' field was greyed out and I couldn't pick sub-styles of fonts. Solved it (hoping it sticks) by quiting aniamate,  deactivating all fonts in my font manager (in this case Typeface) then reopening animate. Style field was re-enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultwnn0m3ebnmq8 

thanks for that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines