• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just getting started with Animator and the built in videos are too small to see. Is there a zoom?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just getting started with the suite and trying to follow the tutorials, in Animator at the moment, but the included video is -tiny- on my screen, and it's too small for me to actually see what's going on.  Is there a way to zoom or pause it?  I can't seem to find one, and I didn't see one in the Help system when I looked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Hi.

Another thing that you can do is go to Animate's installation folder and search for .mp4 files using Windows Explorer's search bar on the top right of the window.

In my case, I went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate 2023 and then searched for .mp4, waited a few seconds and all videos were listed for me.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I know it's not ideal, maybe it's worth giving this approach a try.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you trying to use adobe character animator, or adobe animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe Animate from the Creative Cloud collection, and tried
several of the built-in tutorials. I'm sure I can find other tutorials on
the site, but figured the ones built into the app would be most convenient
and in context - at least if I could see them. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

set your computer display settings to 100%

<moved from cc desktop>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm running it at full screen as it is, and sizing is set so
everything else is readable. I'm getting the impression that there is no
way to make the built in tutorials larger on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you seeing?

paste (don't attach) a screenshot here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested.  This is a screen grab from the "octopus" tutorial, with the small animated window running in the upper left corner.  Screen is set to 4K (nVidia RTX 3090) with standard scaling set to 150% (recommended).  For me, at least, the tutorial window is too small.  Text is readable, but the little video is too small to make out what tool's being clicked, etc.  Hopefully, this shows what I'm seeing.

Mister28778035b4ub_0-1678379710344.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, set your scaling to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did as suggested, which makes the image even smaller.  Tried the other direction as well as a test, which makes the application bigger on screen, but it doesn't really help.  The icons on the video are just too small the see.

I'm including a screenshot with the same point set to 100% as you suggest.  As you can see, it's actually even smaller and, unfortunately, scaling the desktop affects all the other applictions as well.

Mister28778035b4ub_0-1678383785734.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, to be clear, I really do appreciate the help here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about that.  what if you scale to 200%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks.  I did try that as well, though wasn't clear about that above.  It does make it larger, but the icons are still too fuzzy to read and, since it's scaling everything, it scales everything else up as well.

I'm wondering if these aren't available separately somewhere.  If I could run them from YouTube or here, I figure I could zoom and pause outside the Animator application and then just ignore the in-app tutorial video while looking at it on another screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Another thing that you can do is go to Animate's installation folder and search for .mp4 files using Windows Explorer's search bar on the top right of the window.

In my case, I went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate 2023 and then searched for .mp4, waited a few seconds and all videos were listed for me.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I know it's not ideal, maybe it's worth giving this approach a try.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion!  I found the directory and can play the videos directly.  And also found out why they appear so tiny - the resolution is 640x360.

This'll work for getting through the built in tutorials.

Thanks to everyone for the help here.  Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines