Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an android/ios app in adobe animate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I just recently discovered Adobe Animate, and quite excited to know that I can use Actionscript to develop apps. I want to make a billing app for my website (lescbill.pk) which will communicate with php scripts, and I also want to monetize my app using google admob. So before I start, I just want to confirm this is good platform and there won't be any hassle?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

there's a hassle.

adobe stopped development of the air sdk after version 32 which left development of 64 bit android apps to harman (and they have a version 33 which does allow creation of 64 bit android apps).  64 bit support is required to update or add apps to google play.

and many of the adobe native extension builders have failed to update their ane's to work with 64 bit air.

i've stopped using animate for app development and started using unity.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a hassle.

adobe stopped development of the air sdk after version 32 which left development of 64 bit android apps to harman (and they have a version 33 which does allow creation of 64 bit android apps).  64 bit support is required to update or add apps to google play.

and many of the adobe native extension builders have failed to update their ane's to work with 64 bit air.

i've stopped using animate for app development and started using unity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad thank you for your guidance. Can you please tell me if we can only make gaming apps in unity, or even business apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unity isn't just for games any more than animate was just for animation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines