• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth Sync/Visemes Bug - Cartoon Animation Pls Help!

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please bear with me on this since I have never encountered a lip sync issue like this before. The project file is too big to attach so here is a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2suhl5w3i6f60sp/Avatar%20MAW%201.fla?dl=0

I have encountered an unusual bug in Adobe Animate - I am working on an animated character for work (a history production). My puppet has a "head rig" which includes mouth, eyes, pupils, eyebrows, glasses, etc. I used the lip sync feature to assign visemes to the voiceover file. In the Head_Rig timeline, everything operates beautifully; no problem. However when I back out to the main production timeline (Scene 1), everything works great from frame 0 until around frame #1056. The visemes for the word "1846" repeat and all mouth movements past that point are out of sync with the audio. This is ONLY happening in the main timeline and not the Head_Rig's timeline. 

I have repeatedly went back to the head rig and cannot find any reason why those specific visemes are repeating in the main timeline. Any settings in the head rig should automatically carry over to the main timeline, right? Why is the mouth working properly in its own timeline but not the main?

If someone could help me pinpoint the issue I would greatly appreciate it. I would hate to lose a full day of work because of a glitch.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Your keyframes from 1059 onward are out of sync on the main timeline.

Sync manually by typing the matching numbers in the "First frame" box:

Clipboard-1.png 

or use Sync Symbols To Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your keyframes from 1059 onward are out of sync on the main timeline.

Sync manually by typing the matching numbers in the "First frame" box:

Clipboard-1.png 

or use Sync Symbols To Timeline.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver. Thank you! I used "Sync Symbols to Timeline" and everything is working fine now. It was an easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, mate! 🙂

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you moved a keyframe by accident.

Starting from frame 1059 go over each keyframe and make sure the frame number above the timeline matches the frame number from the symbol.

Mario_CR_0-1661295022144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines