Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published files not displayed on my website

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After converting my old Flash Player content to HTML5 Canvas using Adobe Animate, the test film works fine in Animate but the animation is not shown when I publish into .js and .html files and upload them to my website. With the .html file renamed into index.html, nothing at all is seen. With the original .html file name, it looks like this in the web browser:  

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description

Gogol Animate HTML5 ..>2021-07-11 12:503.0K 
 Gogol Animate HTML5 ..>2021-07-11 12:50104K 
 cgi-bin/2018-08-10 12:39- 
 gogol.nu/2018-10-10 11:38- 

The web hotel host claims that JavaScript files are supported in his web hotel, but points to a number of errors on the console of the website www.gogol.nu.

So my question is, why is my HTML5 Canvas .fla test file working so well when published as a test film in Animate, but completely illegible once uploaded as .js and .html to my website?

Best regards,

Michael Levay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you failed to upload all the files. ie, js and html files are not enough.

to see what you need to upload, create a new directory and save your fla there and then publish.  everything in that new folder (except the fla) needs to be uploaded INCLUDING your images folder with the missing atlases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. I did as you suggested, and uploaded the images as well from a new directory (missed them earlier on since they on publishing became located in a folder at the bottom of a lot of other files and documents).

So now I can see them too listed like a catalog on my website, but still they are not displayed as images. You can see for yourself on www.gogol.nu

Like before, if I rename the .html file as index.html, then nothing shows up at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't follow my suggestion and you still haven't uploaded the atlases, or at least, they are not in the correct directory.

you should re-read my first message and follow directions.  if you think you've done that insert* a screenshot of the contents of the new directory you created and a screenshot of your website files.

kglad_0-1626876325148.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, although with my limited knowledge of web publishing with Adobe Animate I was not familiar with the term atlas, I can see that the image files in my directory are named atlas.png, as shown below. That may not be sufficient, so I shall be happy to know what atlas files are missing.

Contents of the new directory (in Swedish):

defaultux8s527jmt79_1-1626888414937.png

Images folder:

defaultux8s527jmt79_2-1626888453067.png

Website files:

defaultux8s527jmt79_3-1626888517509.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again,  upload your images folder with the missing atlases.  (and you can delete the atlases in the incorrect directory/folder.)  or, on your website, create an images directory and move the atlases to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will reply soon when error message in this conversation disappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations, you have made my website www.gogol.nu work! I tried to accomplish this for three months, but did not realize that the images are necessary. The Animate tutorial Create HTML5 Canvas documents in Animate (adobe.com) says that 

"The published HTML5 output contains the following files:

HTML file:Contains definitions for all shapes, objects, and artwork within the Canvas element. It also invokes the CreateJS namespace to convert Animate to HTML5 and the corresponding JavaScript file that contains interactive elements. 

JavaScript file:

Contains dedicated definitions and code for all interactive elements of the animation. Also defined within the JavaScript file are, code for all types of tweens."

The images folder is not mentioned in the tutorial. Thank you indeed for bringing it to my attention.

I could not upload the entire images folder to my website, so I had to upload the atlases one by one, create an images directory and transfer the atlases to it. Furthermore, the .html file was renamed as index.html:

defaultux8s527jmt79_1-1626899565303.png

So, a happy ending to my months of effort and frustration. Now, I can continue demonstrating my father´s boardgame on the Internet as I have been doing for so many years using Flash Player. Again, thank you for your help and patience!

With gratitude

Michael Levay

Stockholm, Sweden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s.  there can be other needed files, too.  eg, sound files and video files.  checking the developer console of your web browser will tell you why you're seeing problem.s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year or two ago, I used Animate to convert a fla to Javascript/HTML. It worked fine. Now, I made a few minor changes to the fla and tried it again. This time, I'm getting no images. I even tried your suggestion of a new folder. The fla is attached. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you see no images in the animate library, or in the published file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the images subfolder to the folder holding the fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new directory on your desktop

save your fla to that new directory

click control>test movie>in browser your fla

any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the images to put them on my website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"no problem", meaning when you test everything looks good?

if so, and you then check the images subdirectory of that new desktop directory and see no images, then your project has no image assets to add your website and should work there, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it worked, I got an html file, a js file and 14 png images. I uploaded them appropriately to my website and it worked fine.

Now, I just get an html file and a js file (no images). I upload them and I get a black rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please continue responding to my suggestions and questions. they are chosen to debug the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tryto publish my fla? If so, did you get images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. i generally don't download and correct files unless i'm hired.

if you want to hire me to fix your problem(s), let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would you charge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably less than $45, but send me a private message to discuss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. there's no fla attached, and there's no way to attach a fla to these forums.  you can upload to a file server and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my many trials, I found the error "this._renderFirstFrame is not a function".

I googled it and found a thread in which you suggest "then the error was likely due to the version of createjs you are using".

Upgrading to the newest createjs solved my problem.

Furthermore, I found that there was no images folder. Instead, all the images were defined within the js file. However, this isn't always the case as I tried it with a different fla animation and there was one image sheet in the images folder and other images were defined in the js file.

Thank you, kglad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines