Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap.svg animator

Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm creating some animated infographics (using the Snap.svg add-on in Animate cc) for a website. As the final animations will sit on a coloured background in the website I am wanting the animated file I supply to the developer to have a transparent background to allow the site's background colour to show through.

I've tried setting the stage colour to alpha 0%, but this results in a dark grey colour in the background when I test the animation in the browser.

I've tried supplying the file using a background layer which is the same colour value as the website bg, bit this seems to result in the animation having a thin lined border around the perimeter of the file when uploaded to the site.

Can anyone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

OK.

I see.

I thought you were using the SVG panel that exports a .svg with animated content. And BTW, you should also consider this one.

I did test the output of the SVG document against a background and it seems stage opacity is ignored.

If you look at your resulting .html, you'll see this CSS (with your color value):

background-color: #FFFFFF;

All you need to to is to change to this (again, with your color value)

background-color: rgba(204, 204, 204, 0.00);

I think this should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

How are you exporting your animation?

I run a quick test here and I got a SVG animation running in Firefox with transparency.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya

Yes that is ultimately what I'm trying to do.

I set up the file using the Add-on Snap.svg animator file-type. Then when I've finished doing the animation I go to Control > Test Movie > In browser (Chrome). The resulting animation either has the last colour I used from the swatches panel as the background, or the dark grey background/stage that Animate CC produces when I chose no background colour for the stage, ie 0% transparency. Then I just click File > Publish, which produces a package of files and I send this whole package to the developer.  Package includes html file, json file, fla file and a folder with Vendor information.

I can only seem to test the animation from within Animate CC as per the above method. If I double click on the html file from Finder, it opens the web browser but there is nothing there?

Cheers

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

I see.

I thought you were using the SVG panel that exports a .svg with animated content. And BTW, you should also consider this one.

I did test the output of the SVG document against a background and it seems stage opacity is ignored.

If you look at your resulting .html, you'll see this CSS (with your color value):

background-color: #FFFFFF;

All you need to to is to change to this (again, with your color value)

background-color: rgba(204, 204, 204, 0.00);

I think this should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya

Thanks, yes that solution of changing the colour value in the html code sounds completely logical. I can open the html file in Text Edit and change the background colour but then I can't view that in the browser. In fact I can't seem to open any html file produced as part of the file package in any browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Here is a test so you can understand better.

With background:

svg_animator_with_background.gif

Without background:

svg_animator_without_background.gif

FLA download:

animate_cc_snap_svg_animator.zip - Google Drive

If this is still not what you want, I'm gonna ask you to share your file with us.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Snap.svg dead? I see the snap.svg home page is still up but seem to be getting a lot of 404s form everywhere and Adobe add-ons declares it as "retracted".

Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines