• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tool or method to create timelines with 10 second,etc times

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looking if theirs a simpler way of creating for insance 10 1 single frame keyframes and then automatiing adding 10 second to each keyframe. this is a task i do a lot and seems that it would be a easy task to automate .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

that's the tool. i don't have time now to do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

no.

perform the tasks you typically want. check the history panel.  copy and paste into a jsfl file.

execute on a new fla.

that will get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

here's your code 240 times:

for(var i=0;i<240;i++){
an.getDocumentDOM().getTimeline().insertFrames();

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Hi.

Please just note that the insertFrames method accepts three arguments: number of frames to insert, layers affected and start index.

So to insert 240 frames, it's only necessary to call it like this:

fl.getDocumentDOM().getTimeline().insertFrames(240);

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you understand jsfl?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not familar with coding it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the tool. i don't have time now to do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

perform the tasks you typically want. check the history panel.  copy and paste into a jsfl file.

execute on a new fla.

that will get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. i got it to work....as for efficent coding....not sure

\

i put this into a new jsfl file 240 times (24 frames a secondx 10=240)

im sure theirs a better cleaner method of coding this but it does put 10 seconds on my timeline when ran for each keyframe. may make another one for 5 seconds, 15 seconds and 20 seconds for good measure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ouch.  you could have used a for-loop.

i didn't intend to abandon you. i just thought you'd get started, hit a snag (like that repetitive task) and then ask for help.

oh well, if it's done, good on you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is their a more efficent way of coding it than repeating it 240 times etc though. i have been studying programming soemwhat and this seems....not very pretty code?

i mean the one for renaming the name to as3 name was like a couple  lines and mine came out to nearly 12K stored. ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how does that look with a for loop 🙂 sometimes getting the result is well, impessive esp when you got 20 keyframes sitting there. ita a long way to the top?

hopefully my next keyboard will have less wear on the f5 /f 6 key or the

shuttlepro! looking to make a 5 second. 10 second and 20 second timeline option  in the end as i have a whole youtube channel of content like this and been battlign another group trying to rebuild the same game in unity and well....theri not making a lot of lot of headway and we fight like my melody and kuromi of hello kitty. i have made no joke 3 literal petpet park rick roll videos to show off clothes (something fun when a group is stuck on one petpets tricks  and you got 10 them dancing fully clothed in a rick roll thats mildly satisfying...) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's your code 240 times:

for(var i=0;i<240;i++){

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we had to start somewhere right ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

made a set of these for 5,7.5 10, and 20 seconds  thanks for the help on this as im much more familar with timeline tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and it does help to use the api, https://github.com/AdobeDocs/developers-animatesdk-docs/blob/master/index.md

(i was on my cell for the past 4 days without my desktop.  at least, that's my excuse.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Please just note that the insertFrames method accepts three arguments: number of frames to insert, layers affected and start index.

So to insert 240 frames, it's only necessary to call it like this:

fl.getDocumentDOM().getTimeline().insertFrames(240);

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am seeing one problem that came up....if do just the for method, teh file only affects the FIRST keyframe. when i copied the command 240 times( i know bad form) it affected all of the ones i selected.

the file i made had 15 keyframes and what i had in mind was to put the text in a keyframe, keyfame next get done, select all and "add 10 seconds" and timing is done for my needs.

if you look at my youtube page under kassegathdr4k you'll see exactly i kinda have a style of doing videos this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what is the syntax for the layers affected and start index, this sounds useful that you brought it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines