Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble importing a video file to Animate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I own Adobe Animate v 23.0.2, on a macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

To sum up the situation: I am trying to import a video of my rough animation to do linework over, but no matter what, animate seems to refuse to let me import it. Worth mentioning, I was actually able to import a reference video to the original rough animation timeline, (albeit after plenty of failures) which makes this whole problem all the more frustrating.

I'm trying to import an mp4 file to the animate, going to File > Import > Import Video.

I've tried all of the three options, Load external video, Embed FLV, and Embed H.264 (shortened here for convenience)

When trying Load external video, it only imports the first frame of the video in the timeline.

When trying Embed FLV, converting the file to an FLV file in Media Encoder, it said it cannot upload something with audio, and I tried again and checked off the audio option but it looks like one glitched looking image.

When trying Embed H.264, an error message pops up saying "Something wrong happened. Please try relunching Animate again" followed by another error message that says "An error occurred opening file '(name of my file).mp4' " I've tried many times to 'relunch' animate but the same message comes up.

It's been very frustrating trying to fix this issue, I feel like it shouldn't be so hard to just import a 3 second video file. Adobe Animate is a very useful tool for animation, and I am very grateful for it, but so many times I've felt like I have to battle with it for the simplest of tasks. Anyway, I've attached images to further describe what I am talking about.

[Mod note - moved to Animate forum from Audition forum...]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your video somewhere and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us see your video so we can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines