• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open some previous files (FLA) after upgrading to the Animate CC version 19.1 (Build 349).

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT PROBLEM:

Unable to open some previous files (FLA) after upgrading to the Animate CC version 19.1 (Build 349).

It happens above all with a little complex files, no error message, it simply does not open the files. I tried to reset preferences, uninstall and reinstall Animate CC, move files locally and not on remote disk, all failed attempts...

luckily I still installed a copy of Animate CC 2018 which allows me to work on file here, but it seems that I lose data since I have to open files created with the latest version (CC 2019)

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

p.s.

I suspect it is an Animate v19.1 issue only and has nothing to do with Mojave. Gamm System, you are using MacOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6 and experience this problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Not really a solution, but sometimes Animate CC doesn't open files by going to File > Open (Ctrl/Cmd + O), but it does open if you double-click the FLA in the files explorer or drag and drop it over the Animate IDE.

My point is that I think is worth trying to open the file with different methods and hopefully at least one of them is going to work.

Anyway, please report this issue here:

Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joao, already tried ... without success ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gamm System

Sorry, I haven't got an answer I have got the same problem. Or at least it looks like it. And I reported the issue 3 days ago. In the meantime I've downgraded Animate to the previous version and I'm able to open my previous files.

Can you please tell me what Operating System you are using?

In my case the problem occurs on MacOS 10.14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kdmemory,
the system is MacOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue
Tried different ways to open a file. Tried moving to other dir and renaming ... no luck (
And Adobe is dead silent on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zulin and Gamm System

It is true, Adobe keeps dead silent about this. I filed a bug report on Dec 17, 2018 and after an initial quick response and a request to supply some example FLA files which were affected, which I did, Since then I haven't heard anything back from adobe.com.

Fact is that there is a problem. We are the proof. But probably the problem is not showing up in high enough numbers that Adobe needs to do something.

Zulin, is your OS also MacOS X 10.what?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

in fact I think it's a bug between version 19.0 and update to 19.1 ... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Mojave 10.14.2

I had to go back to CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if it's a solution but I log out of creative cloud (Animate CC menu> help> logout ...), I closed Animate cc and when I came back, re-open and I logged in and everything works. For a while ... then it starts to stop working and you have to repeat the procedure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

it would be good if one could somehow connect two threads with the same issue.

Please have a look at this thread:

Can not open files after last update to 19.1

There we're guessing about local and external webfonts, language versions and German Mac OS 10.14.x

I want to re-upgrade to v19.1 but can't before this whole malaise isn't sorted out.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect "improvements" in the localization that took place during the update from 19.0 to 19.1. I find it bad that no error message appears at all. I use a German Animate CC 19.1 349 on Mac OS 10.14.2. I'm a bloody beginner in Animate. Many years ago, I give up using Flash for similar things that worked and sometimes not. Mainly I use InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and I'm pretty happy with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I try to summarize:

• In my case 19.1 mostly didnt open previous FLAs, but sometimes (≈20% of cases) did. Erratic occurance.
  • In my case creating a New File first helped sometimes to afterwards open previous FLAs.
  • All cases seem to happen on MacOS X.
  • Gamm System logged out of Creative Cloud and in again and that helped (once if I understand correctly).
  • hans-dietermay had an Adobe emplyee saving a critical file (under new file name, I guess) without fonts and it opened afterwards (the local vs external fonts issue).
  • But after doing some work with Roboto font in this new file it again didn't open.
  • hans-dietermay suspects "improvements" in the localization that took place during the update from 19.0 to 19.1 are responsible.
  • I have another 'weird' theory that the Welcome or Home Screen is the culprit. More later ...
  • It is annoying that Animate v19.1 doesn't show any error message. Just dead silent as Adobe itself.

That's it? from my side one more: it's true that Animate and before Flash is and always was riddled with bugs. Any additions here to the summary are very welcome. I will contact this Adobe guy again who responded first to my bug-report and then vanished into thin air.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

Thanks very much!!! I confirm all your points ... even that of the "home / welcome" screen, I also have some suspicions ...

I also made other discoveries and considerations:

• logout & re-login always works until you close the application
  • certainly there is a problem with the font management, often the Google Fonts disappear from the list or even it is impossible to open the font list from the combo box
  • even flash has always had problems with fonts ... very frustrating. Sometimes it depends on the number or type of fonts installed, currently I have about 700 fonts installed, certainly not few, but it does not make sense to depend on this ... many other Adobe applications work perfectly even many more fonts ...

Thanks again!!!
Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max and others,

that with impossible to open the font list from the combo box, I confirm. That's really annoying and it happens quite frequently. In my case just yesterday.

However, let's not strain too far from our issue at hand. That v19.1 (Build 349) doesn't open previous FLAs. I contacted the Adobe guy I mentioned before and pointed his attention to this thread. Let's see ...

so long Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last thing just verified and confirming the previous considerations: you can not open files that contain dynamic text both Google font and Adobe Webfont.

In addition, web fonts selected by Google or Adobe often disappear from the list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eveerybody

Coming back to our case I have some feedback from adobe.com regarding my bug report. Here the essentials:

"We investigated this and found that there is a timing issue on Mac 10.14 when webfonts related operations(say opening a fla file containing web font) are initiated immediately after the app launch. Is this the case at your end too? i.e., do you see this problem if you launch Animate and wait for few minutes then try to open the fla containing webfonts?

We are actively working on it and I’ll keep you posted as soon as we have more findings or fix in place."

I replied to him this:

"What you say about timing issues on 10.14, using Animate CC v19.0 (Build 326) on 10.14 this problem doesn't come up. This is the version I had to downgrade to and working with now after I couldn't open so many of my previous FLAs. If the issue is only with 10.14 then, so I reckon, it should have an impact on basically all Animate versions. Hence, to me it still looks like a particular Animate 19.1 (Build 349) issue, possibly in combination with MacOS 10.14."

Adobe guy replied:

"Got it and yes it is specific to build 349 and Mac 10.14 and seems to do with a timing issue after the app is launched."

So here we've got officially. It's related to web fonts and timing.

I'll keep you posted

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Klaus, I have not done much testing with Animate CC v19.0 (Build 326), but I confirm that on this version you can open files that instead give error with the Animate 19.1 (Build 349).

Thanks again!

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s.

I suspect it is an Animate v19.1 issue only and has nothing to do with Mojave. Gamm System, you are using MacOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6 and experience this problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

here is another similar post:

Animate 19.1 Not Opening Recent .FLA Files

just trying to collect all cases.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm it is a Web font issue. I replaced all dynamic web font text with static local font text. I had a file that wouldn't open in 19.1. I could open on 19.0. I switched out fonts. Then tried to open in 19.1 and it opened just fine. So if you're using web fonts, I would recommend downgrading to 19.0 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

maybe this will be my last entry here, at least until a new update arrives in which the whole problem has been dealt with. It is now clear to me what is actually happening.

I installed once again v19.1 Build 349 just to see if anything changed. But it is still the same thing. This version doesn't open FLAs in which I use Google Web Fonts (maybe Adobe Fonts as well, I can't tell because my files don't use them).

What also becomes clear is, when I open a FLA with no Google font, it opens, okay. But if I then add a textfield and want to select a Google Web font which I have used in previous files/projects, in the font selection dropdown menu these fonts are not listed. There are no web fonts at all.

In all former versions of Animate so far, since I'm using web fonts, this was never the case. I use regularly Open Sans and Open Sans was always in the Font selection list. Not anymore in 19.1.

Hence 19.1 has an issue connecting at launch to web fonts previously used in FLAs. Really, Adobe, this needs to be tackled.

I'm currently re-downgrading to 19.0.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

I fully agree ...

I also use version 19.0 if I have to use Google Font ...

Thank you very much for your efforts, we hope that Adobe will solve quickly with an update.

See you soon

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, once using Google or Adobe web fonts my files do not save nor publish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to it all

Wmodist can't publish to HTML Canvas when he uses Google fonts in version 19.1 Build 349. He downgraded and it works. His issue is here cannot publish to html5 when using google fonts

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines