• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when I try exporting my animation to an mp4, media encoder gives me an error message

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, when I try exporting my file in h.264 format (mp4) I get an error message when I start the cue, i get this message: adobe media encoder failed to encode with the following exception: App.getscriptenginename is not a function

please help I need to export a video with a transparent background so I can't just screen record it anymore

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Error , How to , Import and export , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

(in the future, on adobe.com ae = after effects.  use ame for media encoder)

i googled that exact error and google could find no matches.  that makes me wonder if you have an ame or animate problem.

to test.  create another simple animate animation (just a few frames with one object) and export video to ame.  see if you get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this can usually be circumvented by adjusting ame settings. 

if you can't figure it out, embed (using the insert photo icon) a screenshot of the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill embed a screenshot, I am still very new to messing with the settings on AE, so can you please walk me through it?Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 4.43.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(in the future, on adobe.com ae = after effects.  use ame for media encoder)

i googled that exact error and google could find no matches.  that makes me wonder if you have an ame or animate problem.

to test.  create another simple animate animation (just a few frames with one object) and export video to ame.  see if you get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much, it iis working now that I changed the export format, but now the issue is that I don't know how to make the background transparent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all formats have transparency, but on the Animate end of things you will want to check the box that says to ignore the stage color and create alpha channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this same error but aparently for another reason. After a sucessfull export, if I try to do it again but leaving the filename unchanged (eg. exported.mp4) my media encoder crashes. Have to either delete the previous file or set a different name before exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@isotopic 

you have encoding by ame set to start automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines