• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming and panning map in Animate CC movie html5 to Canvas

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create zoom and pan controls in an Adobe Animate CC movie html5 to Canvas (using .js) that operate similar to the controls that you see in Google Maps.

I have one layer with a movie symbol containing a vector map. In another layer I have the up, down, left, right, +, - buttons. I want to be able that on clicking the buttons the map pans around and zooms in and out.

Does anyone know which code I can use to do this using Adobe Animate CC?

Any examples or tutorials?

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

UPDATE 4 (06/06/2022): here is a new link: https://bit.ly/3mfYFWz.

UPDATE 3: If anyone is interested, here is an updated version of this map (http://bit.ly/2NBV82b ) with bounds checking and other improvements. Please change the 'this.map' property at the top of the code to change the behavior of the app.

UPDATE 2 (2/12/19):

- The Map instance is set to be cached as a bitmap in the Properties Panel. Please make sure to test your app with and without caching as bitmap for performance improvem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

And THANK YOU for your kindness. I do appreciate.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC, 

I'm unable to access the code you linked (http://bit.ly/2NBV82b). I'm facing the same issue where i'm trying to figure out how to allow pan and zoom on my animation too. Could you post a new link for it? 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Sorry about that. The original link belongs to an account I no longer have access to. Here is as new link to the map on my GitHub repo: https://bit.ly/3mfYFWz.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I've tried implementing it, but keep getting a typerror that says that "map" is undefined.I created a Movie Clip titled "App" with other layers inside titled "Map" and "UI" respectively, similar to the structure of your file.my file can be found here: https://bit.ly/3Q4Zf78. What kind of element should this.app.map be (Movie Clip, graphic, button)? 

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 11.15.18 AM.png

Thank you for all your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

JoãoCésar​, just downloaded the files of susiee, tested it and my mouse wheele doesn't work. Too bad because that's the exact thing I need to make it work in my project... - i mean, create the possibility to zoom until a certain size in my canvas... can you please give me some advice, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crossbrowser issue with mouse wheel in sample. It is working in Firefox but do not in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenient!

Please update the onMouseWheel function like this:

function onMouseWheel(e)

{

var delta;

if (e == window.event)

delta = -10 / window.event.wheelDeltaY;

else

delta = e.detail / 30;

var zoomFactor = delta;  

scaleMap(zoomFactor);  

}

Now it should work.

Please let me know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Joao it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now works in Firefox and Chrome but still do not works in IE11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joao,

I have another question. Removing the zoom option.

When viewing the map in a mobile device the pop up card is very low res. I tried importing it as a svg and it still didn't make much of a difference. Would putting it into an iframe make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all your artworks in pure vector shapes and texts? I don't really remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported illustrator files and then flattened so they are png I think

All my files are here. I've been testing and exporting to figure it out.

Index of /_mystuff/___TEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the text was outlined before I brought it in. I tried with editable text but I'm not sure I was linking the fonts properly. It didn't seem to make a difference in the readability on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, didn't take time to thank you about your help... so : thanks a lot !

Can I ask you what do I have to modify if I only want to zoom into my map ? So the user is not able to go out of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to disable the ability to pan the map using the mouse and the buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly, I can freely move with the buttons and with the mouse, that's what I want. I don't know how to explain this : if I drag the map, I would like to set limits so the user won't go out of the map itself :help.png

left : this is what happens

right : this is what I would like to achieve, the user won't be able to move the map further than this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know that too. There should be a way for a stopping point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry for the long delay!

Animate CC should take care of the published output automatically.

See this (specifically in the Publishing animations to HTML5 section):

Create HTML5 Canvas documents in Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I think the problem with blurry graphics is because when you pinch the map on an iphone you're zooming in the whole screen, not actually zooming in the map inside the Animate CC.

In fact, on the html page, you should disable the capability to zoom the iphone screen by adding this on the <head>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">

Then, as it has been mentioned before, we need to find out the coding to use gestures in Animate CC and being able to zoom the map inside the Animate CC html5 canvas. I believe that will keep the graphics fine!!

It has been said that by using hammer.js library it can be possible to develop the zoom and pan functions for the HTML5 canvas.

Does anyone know how to develop this zooming and panning using hammer.js in Animate CC? Any examples?
I think Joao was trying something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roger,

I think your right. I will try adding that line in the html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roger,

That seemed to help. Is there any other way to hide the zoom elements on the bottom right when viewed in mobile?

There is no point to see them there if people will just be pinching to zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, try to work with shapes so you'll won't have to worry about resolution.

About the mobile check, replace the code after the scaleMap function by this:

window.mobileAndTabletCheck = function()

{

var check = false;

(function(a){if(/(android|bb\d+|meego).+mobile|avantgo|bada\/|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|iris|kindle|lge |maemo|midp|mmp|mobile.+firefox|netfront|opera m(ob|in)i|palm( os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|series(4|6)0|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows ce|xda|xiino|android|ipad|playbook|silk/i.test(a)||/1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r |s )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1 u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp( i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-| |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac( |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt( |\/)|klon|kpt |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg( g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-| |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-/i.test(a.substr(0,4))) check = true;})(navigator.userAgent||navigator.vendor||window.opera);

return check;

};

if (window.mobileAndTabletCheck())

{

root.removeChild(root.resetButton);

root.removeChild(root.plusButton);

root.removeChild(root.minusButton);

root.removeChild(root.upButton);

root.removeChild(root.rightButton);

root.removeChild(root.downButton);

root.removeChild(root.leftButton);

}

else

{

// listeners

this.map.on("mousedown", mouseDown.bind(this));

this.resetButton.on("click", resetMap.bind(this));

this.plusButton.on("click", zoomMap.bind(this));

this.minusButton.on("click", zoomMap.bind(this));

this.upButton.on("click", moveMap.bind(this));

this.rightButton.on("click", moveMap.bind(this));

this.downButton.on("click", moveMap.bind(this));

this.leftButton.on("click", moveMap.bind(this));

stage.on("stagemouseup", stageMouseUp.bind(this));

document.getElementById('canvas').addEventListener('mousewheel', onMouseWheel.bind(this));

document.getElementById('canvas').addEventListener('DOMMouseScroll', onMouseWheel.bind(this));

createjs.Ticker.addEventListener("tick", update.bind(this));

resetMap();

}

Yeah, in case you're wondering, I just copied the mobileAndTabletCheck() function from Stack Overflow. Haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it seems to be working now when I put it in an iframe but I'll try that after if it doesn't work.

thanks Joao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore what I just said.

That is the remove the icons code for mobile right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! It's the mobile check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines