Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate v19.2 fails to export jpeg spritesheets

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else seeing this?

With work in the area of the new texture export feature, it appears that publishing no longer exports the JPEG spritesheet. It concatenates all jpegs into the PNG spritesheet. I tested this with a project done on Animate 2018 which worked, but no longer works in 19.2.

Current settings:

EDIT: Additional notes: when you import a PNG with no alpha/transparency, Animate 2018 and previous builds will assume it is to be lossy/jpeg. This is no longer the case.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to recreate this issue. I export both file types with not issue.

JPEG

Untitled-1.jpg

PNG

Untitled-1.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.44.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.45.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you time looking into this Nick. The problem is with publishing and the auto-creation of the spritesheets. I should have mentioned that. Also, I am on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for other people experiencing this problem as I did, I just found the solution:

Import the assets for your jpeg spritesheet as high quality jpeg files (as Animate will still apply its own compression to the spritesheet). This is kind of annoying, since we're used to having a workflow where we can just copy and paste assets from Photoshop and rely on Animate to work out that bitmaps without alpha are intended to be jpegs.. but here's the workaround I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

I am having this issue as well. When I selected both jpg and png for the Sprite sheet, it only exports the pngs. The jpg is not exported at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can I know if other Mac users have also experienced this and what was the workaround? I have just experienced this same problem today (exporting only as png for both png and jpeg when setting is set to "BOTH" upon publishing).

I should also mention that my Adobe Animate version is v 20.0.3

Thanks!

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a work-around solution above. The assets that you intend to form part of the jpg spritesheet must be imported into Animate from a jpg file. This isn't how it's always been, kinda annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying!

Apologies, as I am just learning to use Animate now could you possibly elaborate on the workaround you mentioned earlier with the jpeg settings to hi-quality during import? Just to be sure I am not missing any settings done during importing of the jpeg images?

Below, I have included a screenshot from my Output message window which says "4 bitmaps packed successfully into 2 spritesheets". However when published, I can only see 1 spritesheet which contain only the 2 images in PNG (the other 2 being JPG but its spritesheet does not appear).

Output messageOutput messagePublished filesPublished files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem at all. The bitmap artwork that you intend to end up in the jpg spritesheet should be imported into AnimateCC from a jpg file saved from Photoshop with maximum quality. Let me know if you have any success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So ...

An .fla file (from Flash) cannot be re-purposed?

The existing tweens aren't respected, or referenced?

How does one save an asset imported to the Flash stage as an individual .jpg, and how does Animate recognize said .jpg as an integral part of a generated tween?

Where does Animate obtain "an asset"?

It would seem that the image imported to a stage loses it's singular identity because of its existence on that stage ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines