• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error creating swf movie file

New Here ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting this error message when I try to test a clients swf file from a fla file....Error creating SWF movie file    Be sure the destination file is not locked or on a locked drive

How do I fix it?  I've gotten this before and dont remember what causes it.

Barb

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

save the fla with a new name, use the default swf name and retest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save the fla with a new name, use the default swf name and retest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same problem, getting the "Error creating SWF movie file. Be sure the destination file is not locked or on a locked drive. Also, check that file name is not too long."

I've tried all solutions mentioned in here but nothing works. Help please!

The .fla file is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kD5v8XHblAoMXG-nz_vssfdXUBuKEu1Z/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded your file, mate. 

Exports a SWF just fine on my win 10 machine.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick respond n__tilcheff.

Sorry, I should have explained my initial intention. I actually need to export it as a video file (.mp4), so I tried to do File > Export > Export Video/Media > Quicktime. I'll then convert the .mov file to .mp4 with AME.

I could do the File > Export > Export movie > SWF but that won't get me an .mp4 file unfortunately.

Any idea how else could I export that animation into .mp4?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate!

I understand.

What you can do and what has always worked for me is to export and PNG image sequence, from which you then render an MP4.

This can be done in Premere, AfterEffects, possibly even in AME or any other video application.

A long time ago I posted detailed explanation here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/export-issue-stops-mid-export/td-p/10424361

Just read the whole topic for a full picture.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your prompt response, Nick!

Yeah, I was hoping there could be another solution rather than exporting as hundreds of PNG images.

I guess that is the only solution. 

Alright, that will have to do. Thank you, Nick! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bagh5CF6_1-1613286163969.png

after this i press publish

bagh5CF6_2-1613286164239.png

and this

bagh5CF6_3-1613286164212.png

what could i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't read that error message, but try:

1. save your fla to a new folder on your desktop

2. click file>publish settings and make sure the output name contains no path symbols (eg, slashes)

3. click file > publish

any problem?  (a non-existant path in 2 is a common issue.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this issue for the first time today. 

I followed kglad's instructions on saving .fla to a new folder, adjusting publish settings, and then clicking publish. The .swf file is successfully created in the target location.

Then, when I go to Export > Video/Media, I select a the folder where the .swf file was successfully created. When I hit "Export" I receive the error message described above: "Error creating SWF movie file. Be sure the destination [...]" 

Some screenshots to illustrate, in case this helps support solving the issue:

Publish Settings > Flash(.swf) 

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 12.32.10 PM.png

Publish Settings > HTML Wrapper

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 12.31.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I experienced the same issue with another file I created, but a third one I created exported without issue. 

I cannot guess at what might have resolved the issue in the last case.... I changed nothing about my Publish Settings, and did not do anything differently outside of what's in the keyframes. One Layer features a jpeg I copied from the Internet-- that's the only discernible difference to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it shouldn't cause a problem using a swf name different from the html name, but it indicates you change default/suggested settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro you should try to download latest version of adobe media encoder and disable your antivirus if it's enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can always count on kglad!  It took a couple of tries, but it works now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Back again,  trying to open this fla file from client, yesterday I saved it with new name and today it is locked again, the new name is too!  I have saved it under different names as suggested yesterday, also on external harddrive,  but nothing will open it!  Any tricks to this? Maybe I should delete everything and re download it?

Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, I clicked on default names at the publish swf screen, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, nothing mentioned works.

Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 1.13.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Any solution? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read the suggested solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i was missing one step. Its the publish dir that was giving me problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, nothing works and I have a TV show of 78x100 shots to render. Anything that i could batch render from scenes to Prores422HQ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greeting Everyone!!... This happened to me for like 2 weeks, this got solved after avast anti virus asked to allow animate get access to my documents.... I answered "yes" and this problem got soved by itself.... I remmembered 3 weeks ago I had just installed Avast Antivirus, and this antivirus asks you this for every program that creates changes whit your local documents,  it happended with illustrator , photohop and the others adobe programs I usually use, but this had not happened because i had not used animate in a long time, check out your antivirus, specially avast antivirus and make it allow animete to get access... Hope this works foes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines