• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to .MP4 in Animate 2020

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be missing something that simplifies this, but I am finding the exporting process of Animate 2020 to be convoluted and unclear. If exporting to an MP4 is meant to yield an MP4 file (allowing cross platform use without further tinkering), why does it export by default to a .3gp file and why does it required Adobe Media Encoder to boot up rather than handle the export process within Animate? Couldn't this process have been simplified rather than made more complicated? I should add, I'm working with ActionScript3.0 files. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

because of your format/preset when exporting and because adobe decided to use their full media encoder (ame) instead of trying to intergrate a smaller one into animate or bloating animate with the full ame causing some users to complain how long it takes for animate to start. 

and it could hardly be more simple:  you click file>export>export video > chose your settings > ame opens and your video is automatically encoded and saved (assuming you have that option checked).

this process could be simplifed by not allowing you to choose video settings but that would obviously be unsatisfactory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines