Highlighted

published HTML file won't play in browser. WHY!?!?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a basic HTML5 banner in Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 Release.

NOT EDGE ANIMATE.

I click Command+Enter to export files and automatically preview it in Chrome and it works flawlessly.

Then I drag THE EXACT SAME HTML FILE that was just exported into THE EXACT SAME CHROME BROWSER and it will not play.

Why? How am I suppose to send the banners to the client to preview if nothing works outside of the Animate CC environment.

This is insanely maddening.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

You'll find that question has come up a lot here. It's to do with browser security issues, if you are using JSON files they have to be on a server somewhere. When you do a test from Animate, it sets up a temporary server, so that it will work even if you have used JSON.

You may not know what JSON is, or think that you have used it, but one thing that does use it is spritesheets. If you want your test to work by double clicking the HTML file, go into publishing settings and deselect the option to make a spritesheet. Then it will work locally as well as on a server.

Don't forget to send your client the .js file, the .html file, and any sounds or images folders that were created. It's worth deleting those folders before you do a publish after deselecting the spritesheet option, because the folder will still contain the JSON and texture map files, which won't be needed.

TOPICS
Product issue, Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

published HTML file won't play in browser. WHY!?!?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a basic HTML5 banner in Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 Release.

NOT EDGE ANIMATE.

I click Command+Enter to export files and automatically preview it in Chrome and it works flawlessly.

Then I drag THE EXACT SAME HTML FILE that was just exported into THE EXACT SAME CHROME BROWSER and it will not play.

Why? How am I suppose to send the banners to the client to preview if nothing works outside of the Animate CC environment.

This is insanely maddening.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

You'll find that question has come up a lot here. It's to do with browser security issues, if you are using JSON files they have to be on a server somewhere. When you do a test from Animate, it sets up a temporary server, so that it will work even if you have used JSON.

You may not know what JSON is, or think that you have used it, but one thing that does use it is spritesheets. If you want your test to work by double clicking the HTML file, go into publishing settings and deselect the option to make a spritesheet. Then it will work locally as well as on a server.

Don't forget to send your client the .js file, the .html file, and any sounds or images folders that were created. It's worth deleting those folders before you do a publish after deselecting the spritesheet option, because the folder will still contain the JSON and texture map files, which won't be needed.

TOPICS
Product issue, Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2016 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I deselected the sprite sheet option, but just see a blank page when I attempt to play on our host.

When I do open the file directly on my computer into a chrome browser window it plays fine. Any other possibilities?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2017 0
Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99% of the time you get a blank screen, it means there was a JavaScript runtime error. Open the dev console and see what it is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please simplfy me this. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Colin,

Can you please simplify me this. someone has sent me an html animation (Animate CC) which I could not open. Infact I asked him to select include js so that i can have a single file instead of two. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just send someone an Animate-generated .html file and have it work. You need all the media files and external libraries (if not using external hosted libraries). This person needs to either send you a ZIP file with everything, or put it on a web server for you to access.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a tutorial of html animation made in animate cc which I want my website visitors to download. The file contains backward, forward, exit, main menu and exit buttons and texts. Apart from this html file and the supporting files mentioned in the earlier discussions, do I have to do anything else?.I expect visitors using all sorts of gadgets including mobile phones. The reason I am asking this question is I had made this tutorial in flash 8 though, being convinced the importance of the HTML compatibility I am remaking everything in animate CC. I am afraid of having any troubles in the mid way or after completing the whole animation and tutorials like what happend in my flash animation.

Sorry for keep on asking questions. In my part of the world there are plenty of flash experts but not animate cc.

Many thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want them to download the tutorial? Not just watch it online?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial contains 100 lessons. Twenty five lessons i am publishing in my website free of charge as a pre-sale. (Those lessons / animations are for watcfhing) The rest of the lessons visitors can download by paying a nominal amount (Downloading).

Thank you. I am sure you have something to tell me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer me the above question. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 0
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading some of what you said raised a possible difficulty. If you want mobile users to be able to buy the full set of lessons you can't really use a download approach. Another way to solve the problem is to have two pages, one that has the free lesson, and one that has all of the lessons. Then the problem becomes how do you provide a membership or password protected web page.

So, the Animate part of the problem goes away, just have two variations of your project, and upload all of the files to two different server pages. Then read articles like this one on how to handle the membership part of the problem:

https://www.thesitewizard.com/faqs/membership-password-protected-site.shtml

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am thinking to put an online store . For example: shopify. Do you think then it is possible for people to buy the stuff using credit or debit card ? . According to my plan, I will  have twenty five pages / chapters each contain an animation in my website.At the end of the twenty fifth lesson,I will have an online store through which visitors can buy the stuff using credit or debit cards, and this will have the complete set of lessons (including free ones) If this is my plan,do you have any other suggestions? or should I follow what you have instructed me in the previous reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Colin!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. the option was deselected already... I can't see the preview and I can't see the animation when I put it in the iframe. 
I am so desperate... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 0