• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue with Audition - is there a way to make effect edits and track settings undoable?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Adobe Audition after years of Audacity and FL. It's got some powerful features I like but there is a design choice that I just can not wrap my head around and I think it's gonna make me quit this program if I don't find a solution:

Why can't I undo edits made in the effects applied to clips or tracks? For example, when I tinker with the EQ or FFT and I end up not liking the edits - there's no way to undo them, Audition does not register those steps as undoable and it starts undoing other stuff while leaving the changes I made as they are. So I have to manually recreate the effect parameters as they were before the changes. 

I find this program behavior is stifling my creativity and my naturally experimental approach to editing audio, as I have to very carefully plan around the fact that whatever I do can't be undone. Yes I can duplicate the effect and turn it off while I experiment on the copy, but it's all very cumbersome and doesn't allow for instantaneous undo/redo.

Same thing applies to track volume and pan settings.

Is there a way to make these edits undoable?

Bonus question: what's the logic behind such a design choice? I'm struggling to think of a benefit to this.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects , User experience and interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?