• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2-3 second delay on most actions while editing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit my tracks but no matter what I do there is a 2 - 3 second delay when I try to do something like move the bar to a different time point, press play, adjust db level... If the song is playing and I click mute, or solo, it will only take effect several seconds later, basically most things I need to do while editing are severely delayed.

I have Audition CC most up to date version, I can't say for sure when the files are from and what version of Audition I originally used but the project is not more then 2-3 years old - I use a Macbook Pro 16GB of ram, i7, great specs all around so after reading other posts I can't see the machine being the issue and I am not going past 7 or 8% processing power. 

I read in one of the posts that someone had issues 'calulating playback' because they brought files form an earlier version of Audition but I don't even see that message.  I get the beachball, which is the windows equivalent of the spinning cursor. 

I tried doing my research but I couldn't find anything helpful and I am desperate, any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

CONFIRMED ISSUE:  The "Full Reverb" effect - even though it says it's cpu intensive, I monitor everything and there doesn't seem to be much of a change performance wise on the computer, certainly not to the point where it should be lagging that bad making it impossible to edit.  I wonder if the "cpu intensive" thing is a dummy message because there is some other issue with the way it was created?  No idea.

SOLUTION:  Remove the full reverb effects (unfortunately) and mix without them for now with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running anything on a SSD on your machine? I get similar things happening, and it's down to Windows and some settings that don't exactly help. You might want to have a look at one of the Youtube videos about this; here is a typical one: Windows 10 with SSD is Slow FIX - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said I use a  Macbook Pro, but yes I use it's built in SSD.  I use full reverb on several tracks and I got a warning that says it's memory intensive but nothing on my machine is being pinned or even close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I should mention when I was using my windows machine for the same project before, I was experiencing the same thing so I moved it over to my Mac because I thought it was a performance issue of the machine, doesn't seem like that was the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might need the developers to comment on this, then... (Hopefully one might see it after Easter.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of effects / plug-ins are you using in the session? I would bet there's one of our high-latency reverbs in there that might be causing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CONFIRMED ISSUE:  The "Full Reverb" effect - even though it says it's cpu intensive, I monitor everything and there doesn't seem to be much of a change performance wise on the computer, certainly not to the point where it should be lagging that bad making it impossible to edit.  I wonder if the "cpu intensive" thing is a dummy message because there is some other issue with the way it was created?  No idea.

SOLUTION:  Remove the full reverb effects (unfortunately) and mix without them for now with a substitute - shouldn't have to do this so I would like an answer from one of the devs as to why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines