• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe adding 20-30 seconds after i export file?

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys n Gals, i was trying to figure out, how can I determine where my file stops? like I export my clip n save it. I play it back on my phone or music player on my pc n it adds an extra 20-30 seconds after the clip stops playing. Any help would be appreciated,  thanks 

TOPICS
Export , How to , Import , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your file in Waveform view and look at the length of it. If it plays back for longer, then it will be your player not cutting off, or something like that. But whatever Audition says the file length is, that is what it will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I'll try that now. How do I get my player to cut off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000005240.jpg

 I wanna change the duration.  How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the part of the file you want to remove (that's the only way you can shorten the duration) and hit the Delete key. Then resave the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's literally picking up the empty space after my file ends in the green. How do I change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you notice the bit where I said to open the file in Waveform view? That is important, because you can't shorten an actual file in Multitrack. Multitrack is non-destructive, so if you appear to shorten a file, actually you haven't. To do it that way you'd have to mix down the shortened track to a new file, (see below) which is not a very efficient way of doing it if you just want to make the final result a bit shorter.

As I said, it is possible to do it in Multitrack and the most efficient way is just to highlight the parts you want to hear, and mix down the selection to a new file. This will leave you with just the highlighted section in your new file. Looks like this:

Mixdown time selection to new file.JPG

But if you already have the mix you want, then just shorten the end in Waveform view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oooooooo mane I gotcha now! thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines