• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition 2022 Audio File Went Corrupt All of the Sudden

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have searched and can't find anything on this subject newer than 2019. We are relatively new to Audition, we are on our 4th podcast (we as in me and my son). We are on the latest version of Adobe Audition. We just spent hours, more than 15, editing a podcast and it was perfect. We added the intro and saved it and then poof. The file went corrupt. No error message, nothing. The intros and outros are perfectly fine and we tried the previous episode files and they all play perfectly. But all four audio files from the podcast portion have all gone corrupt. When played, it sounds like skipping and each individual file is playing at once even though the spectral view, in the beginning, looks fine. The entire middle section of all four files disappeared as well. We have no idea what happened. Again, no error messages when saving, nothing. We went into the backup files to try to recover and the same thing has happened to all of the backup files (backs up every 10 minutes). We are at a total loss of what could have happened and have lost literally 15 hours of work. Can anyone lend any type of feedback as to what might have happened in a matter of about 15 minutes and one save? I tried attaching the .sesx file here but the platform won't allow it to post. I'm getting this error message. Not sure if it has to do with what happened to the file or not.

• The attachment's he4.sesx content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
TOPICS
Audio hardware

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the best person to look at this is SuiteSpot, who will hopefully pick up the post. I'm a bit suspicious about you not being able to post the session file - not sure what that's about unless it's the obvious thing, which is that somehow, it's got corrupted. But you have to bear in mind that the only thing that gets saved in a backup is the session file - no audio gets saved at all. But I do have a question; if you double-click on any of the corruped parts which will open the original file in Waveform view, do they play properly there? If they do (and they should) then you've definitely got some sort of session corruption going on. The other test you can apply is to start a brand new session and put the same file(s) in it. Do they play correctly in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. No, none of the files from this session play correctly. When we open each and play them individually (there are four), the same thing is happening. All of the files were corrupted somehow. The only parts that did not corrupt are our intro and outro files. Those play perfectly fine so it's baffling to us what could have happened to the main audio files.  When we start a new session and put the files in, the same thing is happening. All other files play correctly, just not the ones from this session. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know what would have caused that, but Audition is not noted for corrupting files on its own. How did you create the files in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We record the files in Riverside.fm. The files were fine when we first imported them last week and through the whole editing process in Audition.  They were fully edited and played several times. Then once we finalized the editing of the files, we added the intro to it and saved it again, and then played it again, and that is when the files were haywire. It was literally within a 15 minute period from the last full play and then adding the intro and then the main files went bad. We didn't close Audition during this or have any error messages. The project was open the entire time.   There was no error message when it was saved the last time either. We are at a total loss. I wish I could attach the file for you to hear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines