• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition always lowers the song quality on export

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly use it to make some cuts and crossfades, and when i go to export multiractk mixdown, in settings i select same as source and constant 320 kbps but the output is still around 192. (Using Spek to view)

This doesnt happen in Audacity.

Reddit thread:

www(dot)reddit(dot)com/r/AdobeAudition/comments/k92g6e/adobe_audition_always_lowers_the_song_quality_on/

TOPICS
Export , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's going to lose quality - you're exporting to a low definition compressed format! What Audacity does or doesn't do is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahahaha, i cant tell if you are a really bad comedian or just stupid;

To repeat: every other program out there i tried (Audacity, FL studio...) does a successfull job of importing a TRUE 320 kbps mp3 file (source), and after editing exporting it as a TRUE 320 kbps file without loss of quality. Adobe Audition, despite using all correct (highest possible) settings when exporting, the export file is not actually 320 kbps (freq. in charts is lower).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Er, none of those programs do that. Every time you open an MP3 file it gets decoded to the working format of the software concerned (and none of them use MP3), and if you edit it and resave it, you will lose quality. MP3 is intended to be a distribution format, not a working one. Also, Audition's exports are correct - we've checked that out too.

I'm going to refrain from calling you names, but if you continue to do that your comments will be appropriately excised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines