• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition CS5.5 is now Available for Purchase (Ignore - this is very old)

May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html

Attention all you existing Audition users, Mac Public Beta users, and other early adopters: I encourage everyone to download the 30 day trial of Audition CS5.5 and/or purchase it.

As always, we appreciate your feedback (positive and negative), and as you can see on the forums, we are listening.

If you're simply reporting a bug, please use the form here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

If you're making a request for a new feature, or an improvement on an existing feature, also use the form here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

If you're simply alerting us that there was something in a previous version that isn't in this version, please see this:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/895/cpsid_89588.html

Also, feel free to search in the forum as we may have already addressed the question for another user.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe strategic obsolescence...?

A real disappointment, with no apparent good reason, none the less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you don't know.  Except for your disappointment, I mean. Fair enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therealdobro wrote:

Test.

Inity Arts & Music wrote:

Well now you can't group clips. This has got to be a stupidly simple line of code.

Really?  A 'stupidly simple line of code'?  Is that the only thing that kept it out of AA CS5.5?  Really?

Correct, Durin wrote in the (now defunct) AA 4 Beta forum that implementing this is much more than a single line of code, due to the necessity of having to jointly save and update states of grouped clips etc. etc. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/3614935#3614935, post 26.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree totally. Audition CS5.5 is inferior to 3.0 - it's a downgrade.

This is getting wearying.  Actually, Inity, your other posts with your top five must-haves were helpful and I'm sure someone at Adobe will happen along and note them.  It's also cool that you're so passionate about the product.  But saying that it's a downgrade is to dismiss some really significant improvements and a few new features.  I, like you, miss things and want to see the picture become more complete, and I hope you've read up on some of the other big threads where the limitations faced by the developers got explained with remarkable candor.  Hopefully we'll all be happy in due time -- at least it's clear that Adobe is behind this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MusicConductor friend,

I mean no harm in saying it, but In terms of my personal practical use, it's certainly a downgrade. As I've said, I absolutely love the improvements made, and I wish the functionality of 3.0 remained so that I could make use of them. In terms of speed, performance efficiency and a couple other cool features (particularly freq analysis in multitrack view), this is an upgrade. But if I bought a house that was bigger, with stronger walls, close to ammenities with a beautified interior - but entirely void of a kitchen, I really wouldn't feel like I was upgrading my home life. As much as CS5.5 is an improvement on performance - if it were to be used in my business - it lacks the means for economic survival.

When I got my latest computer with 8Gb RAM and and an iCore5 processor, I wasn't even aware that an upgrade to Audition would further improve performance through increased compatibility with this hardware. So hearing about the improvements made to Audition for the CS5.5 release was great and exciting! But such improvements made to a software that's been rendered useless for my personal purposes are as good as undelivered. So although that post of mine was created while I was fresh off of an aggravating experience with Adobe customer service, it is still a point of personal concern. To others whom may use this software for different means, this may be an upgrade. But considering I would have a far greater practical use for Audition 1.5 than for CS5.5; for anyone with similar needs to myself, this is most definitely a downgrade. That's the essence of my heated rant; the desire for the improvements to this software to be of practical use to people in my corner of the Audition market.

At this point I've read some of the other posts about development and I have some understanding and a lot of hope for the future of this product. I also believe that we'll all be happy with it in due time. And, of course, it's been great to see that there actually is a future for this product considering many of us thought it had been written off up until the announcement of CS5.5. The intent behind my initial post and any additional ones has been to provide Adobe with an idea of what's actually needed by the people who share a similar use of the product to my use of it. The blunt aggression of the post you've referenced is largely a side effect of the resentful experience I had with customer service when I tried to get my money back for a product I was led to believe would be an improvement for me to 3.0. I hereby happily revoke any and all undue aggression I've put forth. But I stand behind the bluntness and concern. The improvements have made aspects of the product more efficient, but the lost features were what made it effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refering to the midi recording options

What do you mean? they are gone?

Look. I just want to use the sequencer panel to record my midi sequences and use my VSTi plugins.

Please , i only need to know how to do it on 5.5.

Waiting for the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you already have the answer.  MIDI support is completely gone in Audition CS5.5...no MIDI tracks and no VSTi plugins.

There are long explanations here from Adobe about WHY many things had to be left out of 5.5 to hit the release date and a list of the bits that didn't make it.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. i was afraid to be sure about it.

I realized it before, but i'm still wondering what the hell should i do?

Blow up the 5.5 version and back to any other ?

i'm realy dissapointed with Adobe in this product.

I'm a developer, and clearly understand the need of this kind of testing because so far the only one that are able to make a real test is the product user. But i think that they could at least warn about the several missing features so we wouldn't waste time downloading it , installing it and breaking head trying to find thinks that aren't there.

Guilherme Ferrolli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gui Ferrolli wrote:

But i think that they could at least warn about the several missing features so we wouldn't waste time downloading it , installing it and breaking head trying to find thinks that aren't there.

They did warn everybody:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/895/cpsid_89588.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page you provided a link for that supposedly warns everyone of missing features is hidden pretty well on the Adobe site. In fact, there's STILL no link to it from the product page here http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html despite the fact that they told me in the forums months ago that this would be updated. There's not even a link to it in the FAQ, which only slightly touches on missing features (though does mention missing MIDI support, albeit unclear that everything to do with MIDI is missing). They don't want you to know the limitations before buying, 'cause less people will return the product than the amount who'd decline to buy in the first place if they knew ahead of time.

Very frustrating that these games persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why I have wiped the trial out of my computer and still enjoy 3.0.1

Perhaps 6.0 will be back with good old functionalities that Adobe developers

so light-handedly annihilated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KarolVO wrote:

That is why I have wiped the trial out of my computer and still enjoy 3.0.1

Perhaps 6.0 will be back with good old functionalities that Adobe developers

so light-handedly annihilated.

I'll bet you a beer it wasn't light-handed - they knew people were going to be disappointed - but they had to get the release out according to schedule and there wasn't time to get everything finished in time.  They've rewritten the code for the whole program from the ground up.  And I'm thinking, like you, that Version 6 is going to rock.  They seem to get it right every second time.

1.5 was great.  (Well, it was CE 2.1.)

2.0 wasn't much of an upgrade.

3.0 was great.

5.5 isn't much of an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therealdobro wrote:

1.5 was great.  (Well, it was CE 2.1.)

Close - but no cigar, I'm afraid. Audition 1 was CEP2.1 with a security fix, and 1.5 was a substantive rewrite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't expect CS6 to be so great. This forum post makes it clear that numerous features will still be missing http://forums.adobe.com/message/3743842#3743842. Amongst the features expected to be missing in CS6: full MIDI support (this just seems ridiculous). Also, there's the likelihood that DirectX support will still be missing, and even a possiblity that the damn metronome won't even make it. And when can we expect these things? CS7? Based on what they've said about release time, CS7 should come out in fall of 2013. More than 2 years before we'll get MIDI support and a metronome? I wish I still thought this program was discontinued. I felt better to be abondoned than gouged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just go on using Audition 3? It hasn't stopped working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's really the only option without switching DAWs (which is probably what will eventually happen due to the speed limitations of 3.0). It's just a shame to know that the only limitations of 3.0 (speed) have been solved and made publically available, but will remain redundant and useless for most of us for at least 2-3 years because of the loss of crucial features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried the demo, and  one of my VSTs is being recognized as a 7.1ch plugin, (should be a stereo one), and hence I can't use it. How do I fix this? (Voxengo Transgainer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

junh1024 wrote:

So, I tried the demo, and  one of my VSTs is being recognized as a 7.1ch plugin, (should be a stereo one), and hence I can't use it. How do I fix this? (Voxengo Transgainer)

I stongly suggest that you find out a bit more about Transgainer than you presently appear to know - it is very definitely a multichannel plugin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voxengo Transgainer is a multichannel plugin, but I cannot use it on stereo tracks because it appears as an exclusively 7.1 channel plugin under the VST menu plugins, thus i cannot use it on stereo or 5.1 tracks. It worked fine in Audition 3 on 2 channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to hear a new version was released and $99 for the upgrade is affordable for me. However, no grouped clips in multitrack is a deal breaker.

I produce a podcast and always have 3, sometimes 5, channels to keep lined up (one for each host). It was bad enough that in AA3 we couldn't adjust the edges of grouped clips without all clips in the group adjusting (I still use AA2 for editing due to that). On a typical 1.5hrs show's session I may have anywhere from 100-300 clips that MUST stay lined out. But now, no grouped clips? Does anybody at Adobe actually produce multitrack podcasts? If they do, perhaps they should have been on the Audition team.

Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why but the price of AA4 in France is about 576 $ (417 €) that is 65% higher that the US price.

I try to purchase in the US shop (349 $) but no way.

Why this difference ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just purchased Audition from Adobe's web site.  The site says that you can upgrade from Soundbooth CS4 for $99.

However, if you have Soundbooth CS4 as part of the CS 4 suite, you cannot upgrade.

Adobe needs to make this clear on the web site.  You can only upgrade to Audition from a standalone version of Soundbooth.

Very misleading and annoying, I have wasted $99 and an hour of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll be much more than just an hour of your time if and when you try to get your money back...

I totally agree though - the pertinent information about this release seems to be hidden far out of sight for anyone just coming to the site to check out the "upgrade". I think this release could have been a pleasant one if Adobe had just made clear the downsides to it, instead of presenting only it's new features and neglecting to notify it's potential buyers about missing features or upgrade issues like yours.

What ever happened to authenticity and transparency?  Marketing needn't be misleading. But I, too, felt mislead by this one. If the product is only useful for certain users, it's Adobe's responsibility to advise those that don't fit within that small user base that this product is not for them and to make clear why it's not for them. Anything else is selling ice cubes to Eskimos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this release could have been a pleasant one if Adobe had just made clear the downsides to it, instead of presenting only it's new features and neglecting to notify it's potential buyers about missing features or upgrade issues like yours.

I hear your complaint and see where it's coming from, but I don't think it valid, particularly.  There are no 'missing features' in 5.5.  It is what it is.  And if you're familiar with Version 3.0 and comparing the two programs, then you're not arriving at Audition new and uninformed - if you have AA3 and upgraded to 5.5 without reading the detailed and clear description of the new program and its development that Durin gave here, followed by the forum discussion of same, then you haven't done due diligence, have you?  If you buy a program without informing yourself about what that program can do, you've got no one but yourself to blame.  But you can complain about all that later on, of course.

But yes, one thing that would have made the process easier for me and you and anybody considering buying the new program would have been a feature comparison chart on the Adobe page advertising 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

We actually do have a feature comparison chart within the support knowledgebase, but it's obviously not broadcast very well if no one's been running into it 😉

Here it is: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/895/cpsid_89588.html

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines