Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition CS5.5 - ReWire?

Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple question - where ReWire in that new version, are ReWire exist in that new version?

I'm using trial version & can't find ReWire like I'm found it in Audition 3!

Anyway guys, how to ReWire Reason???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

WHAT!?!?

No MIDI (instead of improved MIDI) in the new Audition is kind of 'acceptable'. Because you would be able slave your favourite dedicated MIDI sequencer instead.  That way you can create original music and soundscapes using Audition's wave editing capabilities directly and also its Multitracker, with video or not. Audition is the logical hub, and also a great tool for this. Now, with so many features being removed, I must wonder: does Adobe hate musicians? Surely, some high profle posters

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello SteveG, 

i am not that concerned with lack of midi/rewire in audition

i am glad to hear you think it is stable

i am glad it supports vst3:  it'll be nice to plug in izotope's ozone for mastering

i do most of my sound design in reason/reaper/vsti

i make a lot of music videos in ppro

so i guess you can 'send audio from ppro to audition' to master

can you comment on what you think audition is good/great at doing if you don't mind?

thanks, j

@ ryclark:  thanks for clarifying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tfi productions 44 wrote:

i am glad it supports vst3:  it'll be nice to plug in izotope's ozone for mastering

can you comment on what you think audition is good/great at doing if you don't mind?

All previous versions have supported Ozone since its inception - its delivery package includes everything. And it works pretty smoothly with Audition, too.

What Audition is best at is editing - which is wny it became popular with broadcasters in the first place. This is where most music software is badly let down, and that's why a lot of people use it in conjunction with other software - like Reaper, for instance; Reaper is crap for editing with.

The other thing that it's widely used for is mastering, because it has, amongst other things, the best sample rate converter in the business - regardless of what you purchase (independently verified, that is).

Whilst you can record live music with Audition, I'd say that it isn't ideal for this. Dedicated hardware is the way to go if you want to do that reliably and without worrying too much about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...

I'd have to say your final paragraph is a criticism of ANY computer work station though, not specifically about Audition.

I have to say that I'm always a bit more nervous recording directly to a computer rather than dedicated hardware--but I have no problem saying that Audition is as good as any and better than most at this.  Despite my nervousness every time I do something big and unrepeatable into a computer, I can honestly say I've never had any glitches that in any way affected my recordings---and that's over a period of about 15 years now (with the track count growing gradually over the years).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Howes wrote:

Hmmm...

I'd have to say your final paragraph is a criticism of ANY computer work station though, not specifically about Audition.

I think that's at least implied in the sentence about dedicated hardware, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late to this party but I find this thread very interesting.  I use Reaper as my DAW and SoundForge for tweaking but I actually own Production Premium versions CS4-CS6.  In a pinch I had to use Adobe Audtion 3 and I was very impressed.  Then I learned that it was a descendent of CoolEdit Pro which was one of the first sound editors I used way back when.

Anyway, I was considering using Audtion as a mastering deck (for music) and stumbled on this page during my looking into it.  I was thinking ReWire was an advantage because I could host my other music software in it.   Of course now I see they took away ReWire.  That's too bad.  I know I can do it other ways but ReWire would have been ideal.

I have to agree with those disappointed.  My BIGGEST pet peeve with software upgrades is when features that people are used to in it are taken away.  That's why I've learned to wait before upgrading just so I can see what I lost.  I guess I'm fortunate in that I bought Production Premium for graphics and video more so than audio but if I had purchased specifically for audio I'd have definitely been an unhappy camper. 

It would be nice if the developers went to the users and said "we plan on taking feature X away, what do you think?"  That way they would be making an informed decision instead of basing it on whims.  I'm on most of my software vendors' mailing lists and I have yet to receive that type of request for feedback from many of them.  Native Instruments is the only one that did it once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read back through the threads you will see that Adobe did not take anything away from Audition. They rewrote to be compatible with Macs as well as PCs and it is just taking a long time to catch up with all the features that were in earlier PC only versions of Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frankz00 wrote:

It would be nice if the developers went to the users and said "we plan on taking feature X away, what do you think?"  That way they would be making an informed decision instead of basing it on whims. 

They did this with the beta testers, who are a representative group. All they discovered is that if you take the user base collectively, somebody somewhere uses every feature there is, and that to fail to add it back is a 'complete disaster' - so there isn't much point in scaling that up, for several reasons. The main one being that taking staff away from doing something productive (like writing code, or testing) to sort out all the responses would probably result in even less in Audition.

But yes there were debates, and getting a usable feature mix that the developers could achieve comfortably within a fixed timescale was exactly the point of them. Going wider wouldn't have changed anything.

I'm on most of my software vendors' mailing lists and I have yet to receive that type of request for feedback from many of them.  Native Instruments is the only one that did it once.

I think you'll find that the reasoning above applies to most software companies. I've spent a while in the past sorting questionnaire results myself, and it's time-consuming as well as frustrating - because if you ask enough people, you get an 'average' answer, which is generally the one you suspected in the first place. And still, everybody, as an individual case, is compromised; they have to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Returning to Audition after a few years and WTF!!!!! NO REWIRE!!!   WHAAA?    I use TONS of creative suite apps professionally and they have ALL sucked more and more and more with every realease.  Not even sucked more, I'm used to apps getting bloated with useless features added but they've been stripped of key features on top of that!!!     I can no longer pin code in flash,  photoshop 3d animation got worse and worse(hold keyframes dont hold, nothing saves(I know 3d in photoshop is dumb to begin with but it was a simple shape and a tight deadline)), After Effects or premiere cant import the PS animation files anymore(presumably cause the files are total crap now).   HOLY F#CK ADOBE!!!??  Now that I actually use licensed versions of your suite its turned to complete crap??  Can you at least put an option in your fancy new CC cloud to install older versions so I can maybe open the 60+ multitrack sessions I have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're complaining of stripped features, but Audition never had Rewire, so it hasn't been stripped of it.   As for older versions, you ought to know by now that Adobe doesn't deal in them, but why don't you search up a version of the ses>sesx conversion utility that converts old sessions to new ones?  And then disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Audition 3 had ReWire. But I agree that chuda's post is not really forwarding the discussion here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right.  Au 3 did have Rewire.  My apologies to Chuda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition 1.5 also has ReWire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.  So here I am growing into old software.

Okay, so who's next?

Rewire was in Cool Edit, too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Audition 3 had ReWire. But I agree that chuda's post is not really forwarding the discussion here.

Maybe not but I do share that same frustration.  ReWire is great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so let me move on from eating crow to feasting on it.

How well did Rewire work in previous incarnations of Audition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you judge from some of the previous comments about it - with delays. But it did actually work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are just wanting to open your .ses files but don't have Audition 3 anymore, you can download a version from Adobe. In fact, if you have already paid for it, you can download pretty much the entire CS2 suite. Just go to this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html  to find out more. Just be thankful you didn't enter into this discussion when Audition CS5.5 was released. CS6 is night and day better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forwarding the discussion?  you mean beating a dead horse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines