Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition- I can see the wave lengths but not audio plays

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i've been editing an audio file and I was randomly told by the program that I needed to save and restart due to playback issues. I had no other choice so I saved and restarted it. Now after opening it again my file has wave lengths but the spectral frequency display shows me nothing as well as the timer will run but the levels will not register. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as though Audition has a valid peak file for your audio, but the associated audio itself is missing. The peak file is only there to display a picture - it doesn't prove that there's an actual recorded waveform there at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue where I was editing an audiobook and when I did a "save as" to create version 8 of the edits on Friday, Audition said it ran out of space and to try to re-save using "save as" which I did and it appeared to save but I just loaded the project and the waveform is there but no sound nor any spectral frequency display. 

I have the original audio clip and loaded it in the multitrack view and it loaded the audio and spectral frequency display and it is at least still there in the original file.  Any way to have it 're-scan' like I used to in a different audio program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened with my podcast's first episode! It asked me to "save as" then when I reopened it. It's muted with visible waveforms but no spectral frequency display. The sound bar won't move. Only the first 5 seconds and the last 2 seconds have sounds. I am so exhausted trying to release this podcast, and this happened 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I had good news.   I am working on a book for an author to release on Audible for an event happeing Jan 18th.  I could NOT re-scan the original file and I could not find any way to move the automation to a new track let alone copy the edits done to a previous track/clip onto a differnt track/clip.   I have had to start editing the 10 Chapter book all over again which includes removing bad takes, editing out breaths and mouth sounds, mastering the levels and EQ.    I don't know if it is more frustrating or discouraging....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines