• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying Prompt everytime I start Audition.

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I load Adobe Audition 2020 I'm presented with an error 'A previous session of Audition quit unexpectedly. You may continue the session now, delete it or cancel to continue the session at another time'. It is very annoying because even if I save the file or open a file and make absolutely no changes to it I still get this on the launch screen of audition. I only use audition to put Compression, EQ, and some other processing onto my AT2035 connected with a Focusrite Scarlette Solo.

It'd just be nice to be able to add my save file to my windows startup folder so I can have my mic effects applied to my microphone when I startup my pc without having to worry about clicking on this promt audition gives me.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you close all the files that are open before closing Audition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Because the only time audition is closed is when my pc is off. Im running the same audition session without any changes to it. I dont see why it'd want to recover a file that had no work done to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you'll get the message - simply because Audition hasn't closed down cleanly. And if you are going to work like that, then you are risking file failure. It's not the way that any software is intended to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Steve's explanation, Audition has mechanisms in place to restore work in the event of a crash, power failure, or other unexpected reason the application did not close cleanly.  When any project or file is open, that process is in effect.  When all files are closed or when Audition is exited properly, those recovery files are cleaned up.  Since Audition doesn't know why it was suddenly closed with open files, it gives you the opportunity to recover and prevent any lost work the next time it's launched.

As Steve mentioned, suddenly shutting down an application with files open for write can, in rare circumstances, cause corruption to those files.  It's always a good idea to close files, if not the application itself, when not in use for an extended period of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone.  It's two years later, but I'm getting the same issue every time I start and I close down absolutely everything at the end of each session.  Doesn't seem to make a difference.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"crickets" yea there is no answer sme proble here for over a year and the app just freezes after starting. Starting to think this one is going to get mothballed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines