• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio sounds different in the Multitrack than in Waveform

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I´m encountering an issue I haven´t had before. Every clip I edit and work on in the Waveform tab sounds more muted and less bright in the Multitrack tab.
The Multitrack presets are set to Default, and I use the same settings I usually use. I even reset Audition´s settings to their default by pressing shift when opening.
I´m also experiencing the same problems with older projects that I´m opening now.

The only explanation I can think of is that Windows recently updated automatically. Maybe that changed something, IDK.

The following link contains two audio files. One contains a voice-over recording directly from Waveform (mono), and the other is the same voice-over exported from Multitrack (stereo), so you can see and hear the difference. There´s also a screen capture of a test session, so you can maybe spot something I´m not seeing.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vwne_tTVPtwpXAzU4HtXaG8yGCokg3YF?usp=sharing 

The problem is driving me mad and making using Audition impossible. I don´t want to use another app just because of this. Please help!

My setup is:
Windows 10 V. 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Adobe Audition Build 22.1.1.23

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just the Panning mode you are using - the resultant mixdown is just 3dB lower. There are two possibilities; firstly just raise the Master level by3dB before exporting your mix - that will restore the level. Or go into Edit>Preferences >Multitrack and set the Default Panning Mode to L/R Cut (Logarithmic). This will work fine on future sessions, but may not work on ones you've already mixed - you'd have to check. Also if you alter this setting, you'll have to restart Audition for it to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the help, SteveG. Unfortunately, changing the panning mode did not work with my older projects, but the issue was no longer present when I created a new Multitrack session. The good news is raising the master level to +3dB did the trick for my previous projects.
What I´m confused about is why I haven´t had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be because you had it in the L/R mode before, and when you loaded a new version of Audition, it assumed the default setting, which is the other mode. So it could possibly have changed it without you realising...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings for the multiband compressor? What are the settings for the multitrack session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines