Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 12.1 takes 80,744 ticks to complete "Initializing (AuUI)"

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

As the title states, this version takes this much time to complete this step of the initialization process every time I start Audition.  It works fine after initialization completes.  Version 11 has no issues.  I find Version 12 unusable until this issue is resolved.  I have tried resetting to the defaults, but no luck.  i am using a mid 2015 Macbook Pro with Mojave (10.14.4) at the moment.  Below is a clip of the log file.  Please help.

Ticks = 2492      <4519183808> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Initializing AuUI

Ticks = 83236      <4519183808> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Setting up temp directories

Ticks = 83268      <4519183808> <AuLog.Startup> <5> AuUI initialization sequence complete.

Thanks,

Blaine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks to be similar/related. It is hanging in the same OS call for MIDICLIENT_RegisterProcess

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118344

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier versions of Audition weren't initializing the MIDI subsystem on launch, but only when using a MIDI-based control surface plug-in like Mackie Control, HUI, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles,

That certainly seems to be the issue here.  I cannot do anything on my end to stop this from happening.  Is there an option to start V12 without initializing an unused MIDI interface?  If not, then I will need this "feature" removed or I will never be able to realize any future updates to Audition.  Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've logged a bug internally for this, but you might still have a corrupted driver which may hang other applications.

Message #12 here was one of the workarounds suggested in the link I sent above https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=92956

You'll likely need to re-install your driver after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles,

Thanks but I had already looked into that.  Unfortunately, I have no MIDI installed and now MIDI drivers exist in that directory.  I really need to get this going because I am paying monthly for an old version of software (11).

Best regards,

Blaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error happening to me, posting here as it still looks unresolved. I re-installed Audition, still happens. It does load after spending several minutes initializing AuUI... This never happened to me before, is only recent. Perhaps caused by the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having the same problem on Mac Studo M2- hangs on AuUi screen and tech support is saying it is due to a midi device. But which one as I haave 37 devices for music studio. Synths and midi controllers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines