• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 3.0 Multitrack Input Metering while recording

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Input metering, during recording, seems to be only available in the "levels" metering section and not in each track sidebar. Is this correct or have I just not found the right menu item to switch it on?

TOPICS
Feature request , Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

The metering should be on in the channel metering by default, but if it isn't, then F10 (or Alt+I) is supposed to enable it. You do have to have the channel record-enabled, though - it won't show otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The metering should be on in the channel metering by default, but if it isn't, then F10 (or Alt+I) is supposed to enable it. You do have to have the channel record-enabled, though - it won't show otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SteveG 

Well I'll be blowed! I'd been trying F10 and right clicking followed by Monitor Input Level (External Monitoring) to no effect. 

Now after your reply, it's working!

How did you do that?

I was definitly getting the meters at the bottom OK but nothing in the track. How is that possible? Accidental multi key entry?

Now I can't reproduce it. I can get just the track meter without the level meter but not the other way around. It's a mystery!

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I jumped the gun a bit. Doing some more digging, the complete question is why does the metering disappear when I hit the record button? The only way I can get something back is to check the "show all meters". I then get 4 bars in the level section with two active (stereo) and nothing in the track that is recording. Can anyone explain the logic in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The track is enabled/primed and that track meter is registering but as soon as I hit the record button the track meter goes empty. Is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it isn't - but I have to tell you in the same breath that the more Microsoft messes around with their operating system, the worse Audition 3 behaves. Currently I can't get the metering to work correctly at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my setup is working better than yours! Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. 

Yes MS upgrades are a pain. I had a right battle, a while back, getting any sort of input for recording. Apparemtly MS had disabled by default any mic for fear of hackers controllling your webcam!

I don't suppose AA3 will work on Windows 11. Unfortunatley with my limited use of AA for home recording, I can't justify going for a monthly subscription to keep up to date. I bought AA2.0 bitd, upgraded to 3.0 and now expect to keep using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only keep Audition 3 on the laptop for the purpose of being able (sometimes) to answer queries about it, not for any actual work! As for Windows 11, I believe that currently there might be a general issue with a lot of W10 software installing an older version of the C++ libraries than the newer OS requires, and stuff consequently not working. Presumably this (if it is indeed the case) will be rectified in an upcoming release. Heaven knows what this will do to Audition 3, because nothing at all will be changing about that. Also you have to bear in mind that as a 32-bit app, it's only running as an emulation at all in what is now a resolutely 64-bit system. If it works though it's at least better than what Apple hasn't done for Mac users - they can't use 32-bit apps in current OS's at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'll have to defect to using Audacity on some flavour of Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines