• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Beach Balling (CPU Bound) Constantly

Participant ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Audition 12.1.4.5 on MacOS Mojave 10.4.6 (although this problem predates either of these updates). The computer is a beefy one, a top of the line Mac Pro (2013) with 32gb of memory.

I'm editing a fairly simple podcast, with one voice track a small SFX track and a music track. No fancy effects on any of it, a parametric equalizer on a couple of tracks, and Dynamics on the voice track. Nothing complex, although I do have ducking on the music track.

I get a 20-30 second beach ball on nearly every action. Simply clicking on a track, changing tools (razor to move or vice-versa), heck even click over to it just now to check the version. I get a 30sec beach ball. And the CPU is hitting 450+%, even showing as "not responsive" in the Apple Activity Monitor. It's almost impossible to be productive.

The files are located on a NAS connected with gigabit network, and the caches are all on the local SSD. The Audition memory preferences screen shows 26gb available for Audition. The local SSD has 700+gb free.

The strange thing is this doesn't always happen. Sometimes when I use Audition, it's lightning fast. Other days, this happens. I've tried rebooting, that doesn't change it. I've tried closing down everything else (Chrome for example), no change. I've tried pre-rendering effects, no help. 

Anyone have any clues? This is killing my productivity.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you still able to make this happen despite your workaround? I'd like to see if I can diagnose it to see if it is a problem on our end or not. Please email audbugs a@t adobe.com mention this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines