• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CC IS BROKEN IN THE LAST ADOBE UPDATE TO NOT UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE!

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLKS

AUDITION WAS BROKEN IN THE LAST UPDATE FROM ADOBE.

I HAVE SEE NO RESPONSE YET FROM ADOBE WHEN THEY WILL FIX THIS.....

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR SOFTWARE ON PREVIOUS BACKUP IT IS TOTALLY RECOMMENDED UNTIL ADOBE COMES OUT WITH ANOTHER USE ABLE UPDATES

PLEASE NOTE SIMILAR NOTES ARE BEING LEFT ON OTHER SUPPORT BOARDS LIKE CREATIVE COW

MY BEST TO EVERYONE

DAVID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Steve

The intention of the email is to prevent everyone from taking the update until the problems are fixed. If I had seen this note in the forums, I would have waited until a fixed update is out. so in that I'm assisting my fellow editors and spreading the love / concern.

Your experience with the software is obviously different than mine, so please be mindful of the work stoppage this will cause for many other people unlike yourself.

Lastly: You are incorrectly trying to guess my emotional state f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't shout... The devs have acknowledged that there's a problem with NR at least, but firstly it doesn't stop virtually everything else from working fine, and secondly it clearly doesn't affect everybody. No, a timescale for the fix hasn't been announced, as there's a significant degree of testing involved with any problem that doesn't affect all users - you don't want your fix to screw over everybody else. But they are working on it, and I get the impression that it will be updated as soon as it's possible to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) shouting was intentional

B) a lot more is broken than noise reduction

here is the short list

dynamic linking with premier pro

corruprion of previously edited audio files

many filters/features are failing

so if you can avoid taking the update and stopping your work flow it's highly recommended.

Not a great way to start a fun filled weekend of editing with broken programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidwsaunders  wrote

here is the short list

I don't know about the dynamic linking (don't use Premiere) but I've had no issues with file corruption or any other notable failures. Like I said, it's clearly not affecting everybody.

Nobody's denying that these issues exist - far from it. I just don't think that it will do any good raising your blood pressure over it - that's not healthy. Keep calm; fixes will come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davidwsaunders  wrote

here is the short list

Which version of Premiere Pro do you have installed?

Can you post a screenshot of the corruption, what file type is it?

Beside the Noise Reduction, which other filters/features are failing for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

The intention of the email is to prevent everyone from taking the update until the problems are fixed. If I had seen this note in the forums, I would have waited until a fixed update is out. so in that I'm assisting my fellow editors and spreading the love / concern.

Your experience with the software is obviously different than mine, so please be mindful of the work stoppage this will cause for many other people unlike yourself.

Lastly: You are incorrectly trying to guess my emotional state from a post....miss again

I will say your a lucky fellow that this update hasn't affected you. So good for you guy you ducked a  missile.

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that I don't think anyone has touched upon is are these problems just related to OS platform or do they affect both Mac and Windows systems equally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has a link or can point me to the last version of Audition for MAC it would be greatly appreciated.

Going back to the last known copy will help get me back off the ground.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually before I update to a new version of Adobe products I quite often rename the already installed installation folder so that the new installation doesn't overwrite the old one. Thus I can easily nip back to the old version if there are any problems with the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually trust the people I get my updates from especially when I am paying a premium for their products.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines