• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition crashed and was not able to recover audio file I was in the middle of recording.

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audition crashed twice while recording in audio wave. The first time it was able to recover the audio. The Second time it crashed while I hit "Save." went  up to 70% and then crashed again. This time it did not recover anything at all. Can this be recovered in some way? When I open the the folder where the temporary files are stored there are two files containing no audio, however, according to properties they are both over 1GB. 

Should I email audbugs@adobe.com with those files?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has yet managed to recover anything from temp files, I'm afraid. You would be much better served by recording in Multitrack view, as this is direct to file, and any crashes are relatively easy to recover from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would also be good to know WHY you're crashing.  Audition shouldn't crash without something going wrong.  Please email us at that address and we can troubleshoot why these crashes are occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines