• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CS6 Stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I'm new to this forum but have read many replies over the years on Audition, which I have used for many years.  I have Audition CS6 (I know it is no longer supported) but have been running it successfully on a Mac Pro OS 10.13.6, which I upgraded some time ago.  No issues...but on 3/31/2020, I ran a couple of Apple Security updates and the next day, I tried to use Audition and it wouldn't even open up. 

I'm not a computer wizard so some of this code is a little new to me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks for your patience...

The beginning of the error report is below:

Process: Adobe Audition CS6 [1140]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Audition CS6/Adobe Audition CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Audition CS6
Identifier: com.adobe.Audition.5.0
Version: 5.0x708 (5.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe Audition CS6 [1140]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-04-04 18:07:04.580 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G12034)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: AF67294D-53C0-9AC6-05F0-AB27F964C4F4

Time Awake Since Boot: 5000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x2] Wrong architecture

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the last two lines say it all, I'm afraid. Your best bet is to roll back the OS to what it was previously, if you can,  and complain like stink to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you for your reply.  I was afraid of the that...it will be kind of tough to roll it back .  Steve, what is kind of blowing my mind is I have ran a number of security updates with this OS and everything has been fine.  When I upgraded systems I went from 10.11 to 10.13 (04/2018) and was afraid some problems would occur but until now, everything has worked really well.  I'll just have to think this one out...thanks again for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it the case that all most recent updates to OSX have required exclusively 64 bit apps be used?  CS6 is 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may well be the case. What Apple regard as an 'update' has always stretched the meaning of the word somewhat, and there's a very good chance that they've done this particular one without giving users a thorough warning first - which is why I've suggested complaining to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after many email conversations with "Team Adobe", I have been told that since I purchased the CS6 on a dvd it is no longer supported(which I was aware of) but if I buy($250) the digital download version it would work on Mac OS's Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, El Capitan, and Yosemite but not on Apple's latest release, Catalina.  I asked about the 32 bit versus 64 bit situation and got th response that it would work on these systems.....This would give the option of one more system upgrade to Mojave then it's a "no go" from there.....just don't want to buy and find out it doesn't work.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sort-of makes sense; Catalina doesn't appear to support any 32-bit software. Of course, if you had a PC, then Windows 10 does... the Wonderful Apple strikes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait. @frankb91561023, they'll let you BUY the digital download verion of CS6...in 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same issue with my copy of Audition CS5.5 on High Sierra. Traced the problem to an update of the MobileDevice.framework that I accidentally triggered running an update to my iPhone when it was connected to the Mac.

After a bit of investigation it seems that this is not an uncommon problem and there are several different programs affected by this. I was able to resolve the problem by replacing the MobileDevice.framework with a previous version from a TimeMachine backup.

The framework is located in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

To make changes to PrivateFrameworks you need to disable System Integrity Protection first. This can be done by

- first restarting the computer in Recovery Mode (hold down cmd+r while starting up)

- select Utilities > Terminal from the menu bar

- in the Terminal window type csrutil disable and press enter

Restart the computer normally and replace the copy of MobileDevice.framework with the old backup copy.

Turn System Integrity Protection back on by repeating the steps above but using the command csrutil enable

Boot up normally and Auditon should now start correctly.

Most of this info has come from this thread https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=19&postid=897177&univpostid=897177&pview...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

First of all thank you for your reply.  I apologize for the response but have been a little sidetracked these past few weeks.  Just as I was getting ready to try this resolution today, an Apple update came out today to resolve this 32 bit problem.  I DID download it and happy to say that I was able to open up CS6 today.  The only quirky thing I notice is when I open up a file, the little file designator to the left is "greyed" out but the file still opens up.  Thanks again for your response and if you have any ideas on the way the files look let me know.  I can "screenshot" it for you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem still seems to be persistent in Oktober 2020, despite the supplemental update. Same story - Audition stopped working after copying photos from an iPhone.  Copying and replacing the MobileDevice.framework worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to say it looks like Apple released a rather unenthusiastic update that should resolve this problem.  

_durin__0-1590161030391.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"unenthusiastic"

I like the description!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines