• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition is not recording sound

Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a piece where I  talk for 2.41 seconds. Every thing was fine when I worked on recording yesterday. Today I cannot get the program to record anything. I mean it just stopped. The little red record button doesn't work. It doesn't even 'act' like its being selected. The other buttons seem to work, play, stop rewind, etc. I am working on a multi-track format and have seven tracks to record.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

All a .sesx file does is to store the information about your session - nothing directly to do with the audio at all.

What should happen is that you pick a track to record on, and make sure that there's a valid signal source selected and showing in the input box; without that you won't be able to enable record at all:

Track controls 2.JPG

So with these two tracks, it's only possible to record-enable the first track. The second one showing 'None' won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, same solution. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Everything I could find online was about the Audio Hardware Preferences, no one else mentioned to check your security settings to grant access to Audition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you thank you thank you!!! You saved my sanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thanks for the suggestion.  Apple loves their security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful.... I couldnt figure it out as I am having the same issue and your comment led me to look on the right hand control panel in multi track and I found where my Input was select as none.  I changed it and wah-lah.  Thanks for your contribution to this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue. Try this :-

Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware  change device class from mme to WASAPI. It worked for me hope it will help you too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, do not do that. WASAPI is an obsolete driver model that causes more problems than it can ever solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what works every time for me in AA 1.5.  

Go to…

Options

Device Properties

In the pull down menu, make sure the correct "Slave Device" is selected.

Click on the box that says, "Internal Time Stamps" 

Hit "okay" on the bottom right and you should be on your way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me. I went into Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Microphone enable (check box) access for Adobe Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like magic. Thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines