• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition - Lost All Files even after Saving multiple times

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my Media assignment due a few days ago, but got it delayed by my teacher. So today was the last due I got and 20 minutes ago I was 90% done of completion - took me around 30 hours to edit for 3 straight days.

Then again, 20 minutes ago in the editing process I came around an error message saying this:

1457c42da6f4c22de0f930d67eecb6a1.png

 ...which makes no sense because I constantly saved this for every even minimal change I added. 

I tried looking for a backup, but the latest one was 2 hours ago - which again; makes no sense cause I saved it so many times??

I'm deeply frustrated right now and would love to get some help, thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the 2 hours worth of editing took a lot of effort and creativity, and sucks to reedit cause the due is in less than 2 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've lost all of the assets, then the most likely scenario is that for whatever reason, the session file is looking in the wrong place for them. One thing to note is that you should lokk carefully at the session backup files and make sure that it is actually the latest one you are opening - this should be obvious when you look in the folder. The other thing is that if your session has just opened up with placemarkers, it's possible to relink all the files manually. Bit of a pain, but it's manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! After trying to load some new session files and just rechecking its location folder by clicking "Browse" I quickly found out it was stored somewhere else. But why is this? This is the first time I've used Audition, so shouldn't everything stay inside the "Audition" folder strictly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be a recipe for a total disaster! The whole idea is that you set up a folder for a specific job, and then you can either share other assets with it, or better, put a copy of the assets you are using in the session folder. With the session file. That way, everything stays together. Having a sensible folder layout for your work is pretty fundamental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines