• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition no longer letting me use the mouse inside a audio clip (Multitrack editor)

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multitrack  clips are no longer manually adjustable - mouse cursor no longer visible in clip.      I'm using Audition v 24.4.1.3 and after the latest update a couple of weeks ago i have no cursor inside an audio clip in multitrack editor .  I can't adjust the volume envelope any longer.     Have i inadvertently turned it off somewhere?  Of is there an option somewhere to turn it on now?    It's an essential tool for one of my main jobs every week -  massaging about a hundred elements into a professional sounding radio show.   I've tried the auto ducking features but it's not precise enough for what I want to do  - and it makes too many incorrect assumpions.   Takes me about 3 times as long to get a much less professional result.

I have attached two screenshots from a multitrack editor window and you can see the yellow volume line is there, but i can't move it, bend it,  or touch it wth a mouse.   There's no mouse cursor.  If i move the mouse outside the clip it's there (With my accessibiliy options turned on).   At least prior to this I could see the mouse cursor  inside a clip even though Audition ignored my accessibility choices.    Have I missed something  or is using that Autoducking my only choice now? 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia 

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do recall from a while ago that somebody discovered that if, in your mouse settings, you'd got the 'mouse trail' option selected, that the cursor would disappear. I'd say that is the first thing to look at and turn off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines