• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Playback Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Audition CC 2019 for a few months.  Today, I recorded a voice over for a podcast and started to mix and master.  I was hearing a lot of sizzle and pops.  I thought at first that it was a mic issue.  I tried to use DeNoise & DeClipper, but I still had issues.  I uploaded the file to drive and listened there and no issues.  The issue seems to be isolated to playback thru the software.  Anyone else run into this and can help us figure it out.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Likely what's happening is your audio device buffer size it set too low, and the pops you're hearing are dropped samples where the computer and software can't provide audio data to the audio device fast enough.  If you open Preferences > Audio Hardware, what are your device sample rate and buffer size settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the sort of thing that happens if you record directly into Multitrack when you've got the Podcast template loaded. Is this what you've done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I had a template loaded.  I will check that though.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely what's happening is your audio device buffer size it set too low, and the pops you're hearing are dropped samples where the computer and software can't provide audio data to the audio device fast enough.  If you open Preferences > Audio Hardware, what are your device sample rate and buffer size settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do change that setting because of latency, but I have been pretty consistant at the level I am using.  When I get back to the studio, I will look into that though.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out it was a buffer size issue.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines