• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition's primary temp volume can't be found.

Advocate ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Adobe Audition 2017 I get the following error message: Audition's primary temp volume cannot be found. Please review Audition's disk cache preferences." 

I go to the preferences and see an explanation point next to Primary Temp. I click browse and I am in the Document's folder in my Mac. From there I get lost.

Can anyone give me advice on how to correct this problem?

2017-03-26_15-20-04.jpg

2017-03-26_15-28-29.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Try opening Audition with the shift key held down. This will open it with 'vanillla' preferences. It worked for me. Solved the problem immediately and it created the folder in the RIGHT place.

[Mod note - before you do this you should also note carefully what ryclark has to say about it:

"If you use the 'Start Audition with the Shift key held down' option it will reset all Audition's settings to the default but you will, at the same time, lose any custom Favorites or Effects settings that you

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit-->Preferences-->Media & Disk Cache--Primary Temp

Select any folder and that's all..

nasrullaha79081895_1-1649077833886.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to all, That's not working. I don't know how to delete it but you don't follow this solution. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Program files is not somewhere you put a temp file!

Just go to your root drive, create a new folder called 'Temp Audition' and navigate to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines