• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition through Remote Desktop

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one of my producers working from home and trying to use Audition through Remote Desktop on his local PC in our facility.  While PC playback audio can be heard at home (I'm testing now from my home with youtube) you can't get Audition to map to Remote Desktop, only to the previous default output which is the local speakers in the facility.  He would like to edit in Audition and hear it at home.

Additionally, he has a mic at home and would like to source that as an input and then switch to a local stereo buss recording off an app on his PC.  Any thoughts on ways to setup his PC at work to allow him to send and recieve audio through Remote Desktop.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, I'm amazed that this works at all! It was certainly never intended to, that's for sure.

If you do a google search using the term 'Audio through remote desktop' you'll find as much information as I have... but I have no idea whether you could actually get this to work. People are suggesting that you might be able to, though.

Why can't you give this poor guy an Audition seat at home? I'm sure that would work a lot better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny you should say that.  We offered and he wanted it this way.

However we have a corporate liscense and it won't work on a company laptop through our VPN portal.

We are lookng into other options with the software compliance team here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when using team viewer to work on Audition remotely. There is good sounds out of Audition even good sounds from other DAW, but not Audition. In Audition, no sound can be heard. Very disappontedly. Reason for the remote working is because my home computer is powerful enough for Audition with many VSTs and the office computer cannot handle them. It would lag and hang every time and ran very slow. Also for the license problem. So remote desktop is a must in my situation. Hope Adobe would solve this problem of I would consider to shift to other DAW which is against my will.

computer detail:

Intel i9 128G ram Windows 11 pro v21H2 with Focusrite 18i8 external audio module. There was low quality sounds from remote connection when the remote computer running windows 10. But 11 no.

Thanks for any input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm guessing you'd need a virtual audio driver something like Hi-Fi CABLE & ASIO Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion. May I have more detail in working out with your solution? Right now, I temporarily connect the analog output from the external usb sound card to the remote computer line in. And then switch the remote computer sound driver from external one to its local onboard  sound card driver. The problem solved. But the sound quality is bad. It is better that none. I am looking forward to obtain sound directly from the external one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines