• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition update 11.0.1.49 problems

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having problems scanning existing/loading VST plugins after the latest Audition update? All Waves plugs status shows "Not working" and won't reload, also can't "enable" them either.... Ozone and Neutron VST3 also the same problem... Thanks for any help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Adobe Audition has now released Version 11.0.2.2

Updated this morning and all VST3's loaded without problem.

Thanks to the Audition team for everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, similar problems here!

I don't have any Waves plugins and all my existing plugins show as "Working" in the Plug in Manager screen but Ozone and Neutron VST3s both cause AA to crash, VST2s seem to load and work properly.  I haven't yet had time or opportunity to check through every one of my plug ins, and I remember that when (?)Ozone 8 was released by iZotope there was information on their website that AA was no longer "supported", I think.  However, everything worked as expected prior to this latest AA CC update.

I'm seriously considering reverting to the previous version, since I have at least one customized rack preset based on the VST3 version of Ozone Advanced and RX6 Advanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually uninstalled the latest Audition update, restarted and reinstalled the previous version, did the same with Waves (apart from reverting to previous version which you can't) So i'm guessing there's a potential problem with the newest Waves 9.92...  ho hum....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenp36209625  wrote

I actually uninstalled the latest Audition update, restarted and reinstalled the previous version, did the same with Waves (apart from reverting to previous version which you can't) So i'm guessing there's a potential problem with the newest Waves 9.92...  ho hum....

Did the reversion to previous version solve the problem of your plugins other than Waves not working?

Since, in my case, attempting to insert Ozone 8 and/or Neutron caused AA to crash I have sent the crash reports and details to audbugs, as per this FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly you can't revert to previous versions of waves, but i'm still on the previous version of audition - still have the same problem, no waves plugs working...! All iZotope plugins and Ozone and Neutron are working ok... I'm now thinking Waves 9.92 has a VST(3) bug!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also reverted to previous version of AA.  Full functioning of VSTs and VST3s seems to have been achieved (not had time to test all plugs yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, last night I uninstalled Audition and all Waves plugins, reinstalled Waves then reinstalled latest version of AA.. Waves seem ok, but now iZotope plugins aren't working.... I guess there is a bug in the VST3 of the Audition update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completed a bug report, as per the link in a previous post?  I suspect we are not the only users who have been hit by this change between the first release of AA2018 and this latest one and the devs do need to have as much information as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did send a bug report and they even emailed me back personally! They tested waves after my report but I suggested they also upgraded their waves to the latest version, as it was an earlier version they tested.... fingers crossed this bug will be squashed soon.

I have so many session files that won't load properly now due to these vst problems!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue. We're investigating.  At this point, there doesn't look to be a workaround other than to use the VST2 or AudioUnits plug-in version (if available), or to use a previous version of Audition.  We'll post more information when available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charles+VW  wrote

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue. We're investigating.  At this point, there doesn't look to be a workaround other than to use the VST2 or AudioUnits plug-in version (if available), or to use a previous version of Audition.  We'll post more information when available.

Many thanks Charles, i'm already back to VST2 for now - I know Adobe will get to the bottom of this soon Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks also from me.

I've reverted to using AA 11.0.0.119 and full use of VST3s seems still to be possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

From our testing, it looks like only certain iZotope VST3 plug-ins and at least one VST3 from Waves are affected. We changed the way we initialize a VST3 plug-in in order to fix a bug for a plug-in from a different vendor. The change was within the VST3 specification, but it turns out there are certain plug-ins which have issues with being initialized in this different way.

If you're crashing when loading a pre-existing session (Audition), or a pre-existing project (Premiere Pro), you can launch and manually trigger an audio plug-in scan. Instructions below.

Audition:

1. Launch Audition
  2. Effects > Audio Plug-In Manager...
  3. Check the "Res-can existing plug-ins" checkbox
  4. Press the "Scan for Plug-Ins" button

Premiere Pro:

1. Launch Premiere Pro
  2. Open a project which doesn't have these plug-ins, or create a new project
  3. Navigate to the Effects tab.
  4. Open the fly-out menu for that tab, choose Audio Plug-In Manager...
  5. Check the "Res-can existing plug-ins" checkbox
  6. Press the "Scan for Plug-Ins" button

Following these steps will re-scan all audio plug-ins, and the ones which are crashing will be labeled as "Not Working" and be skipped. You can then open your previous Session or Project, and swap them out with a different plug-in, or in some cases, the same plug-in but with a different plug-in architecture (e.g. AudioUnits or VST). Only VST3 is affected.

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 8.17.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 8.15.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles, I just had a thought - maybe there is a bug related to iLok? I know nothing about coding so maybe totally off the mark lol

W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenp36209625  wrote

Hi Charles, I just had a thought - maybe there is a bug related to iLok? I know nothing about coding so maybe totally off the mark lol

W

But I don't use iLok!  So I fear it's not that!

And the "workaround" is exactly that!  AA is not only crashing when loading a pre-existing session with those VST3s, but also with any new session if one tries to insert one of the now-"troublesome" plugs!  Is it reasonable to enquire which was the vendor and plug-in whose previous problem(s) led to the changes made in AA to its VST3 initialisation?  Was this only one plug-in?  If so, one "problem" has been corrected, only to create several more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I have dozens of sessions with the VST3 version of Nectar 2 on them.  While I can follow the advice and add the VST version of Nectar 2 to that saved session, none of the adjustments I made to Nectar would be saved; so I would have to recreate those adjustments from scratch on every past session.  This is NOT a solution.  Since Adobe marked this question as SOLVED, I fear that they have no plans to actually fix this.  Hopefully that is not the case and the "solution" posted above is only temporary until the next update.

For now, I will stay on the previous version of Adobe Audition until this gets sorted.

Dave Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, it is not SOLVED, but I think it was marked that way so the latest information would show at the top of the thread in the forums. It should be considered temporary and we're working on our next steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Just a heads up, last night iZotope updated some their software, but the latest VST3 updates still don't load in AA.

VST versions are still functioning...

w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audition has now released Version 11.0.2.2

Updated this morning and all VST3's loaded without problem.

Thanks to the Audition team for everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up, Warren.  We did release a patch update last night to resolve the VST3 conflicts in Audition.  Please let us know if you see anything else amiss.

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble adding vst's. I wanted to add a new vst and it just sat there on 0% and when I hit cancel I had no vst's available. I tried to update Adobe Audition and still it will no add any vst's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeremyw85226928  wrote

Having trouble adding vst's. I wanted to add a new vst and it just sat there on 0% and when I hit cancel I had no vst's available. I tried to update Adobe Audition and still it will no add any vst's

Hi Jeremyw

You need to make sure to tell AA where to look for your plug-ins.

Effects - Plugin Manager - then add the target directories where you installed them. when you've done that "Scan for Plugins" and also put a tick in the box beside "Rescan existing" for good measure!

If nothing is found after that, would be worth reinstalling your plugins.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeremyw85226928  wrote

Make sure that it's only 64-bit VSTs you're trying to add - 32-bit ones won't work unless you have something like jbridge installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Durin,

Any word on when Premiere will have the VST3 fix? We have to hold off updating as a bunch of our projects use izotope VST3 plugins.

Thanks!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I'd love to hear about this also. Total pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines