• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition will load tracks, but will not play them

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can load tracks into audition, but when I try to play the tracks the cursor will not move and no audio will play. Anyone know what the problem could be?

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Invariably when this happens, it is because the transport has become disconnected from your sound device - that's the only reason that it stops. As several people have demonstrated, sometimes this is caused by a fault in the preferences folder that you can 'cure' by having Audition reset it. That really isn't the first thing you should check to cure this problem though,  simply because it will also reset any other preferences you have set up as well. So before trashing your preferences, it's alw

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfect for me, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked where all other solutions failed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSS pefect for me too. The problem for me is when I disconnected my USB soundcard device from the MAC and then tried to use just the iMac internal speaker system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've stumbled upon the same issue, although during slightly different circumstances. I can load and play the files just fine but then, without any concievable reason whatsoever, it just stops working. I press play (or Space), it says "playing" on the transport bar, but it's just not. It starts working again if I reboot my computer, but then after working in the program for a while it stops yet again. Tinkering around with the selected hardware have no effect at all, and it really shouldn't either since it all starts out working just fine. Anyone else encountering this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on a Windows PC make sure that you turn off System Sounds. Anything that causes Windows to try and play a sound like Email arriving will cause Windows to grab the audio device from Audition. So when Audition next tries to play audio it can no longer find the connection to your audio interface. Of course when you reboot the PC and open Audition it can find the audio interface once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any system sounds turned on, and in addition, I recall being able to use multiple applications simultaneously with Audition running before just fine. The thing is though that I recently assembled a "new" computer which meant a complete re-installation of everything and its granma, and this problem did only surface since then. Now I think I've solved it though. Here's how it went down:

After reading another thread where once again the proposed issue was centered around the default output device, I started thinking that Audition maybe was confusing the audio devices. See, for recording I use an external device and for mere playback I often use the internal onboard device. In addition I also have another sound card installed but which I currently don't utilize for anything, which means it shows up in the audio preferences.

So I simply deleted all the inputs and outputs in the Control Panel sound preferences that had anything to do with this additional card (this might be superflous though), as well as disabling it in the Device Manager. This forced Audition to only concentrate on the onboard sound device and what do you know, that did the trick for me. It seems that Audition is easily confused with multiple devices so my two cents here would be to disable every sound device bar the one you will use with Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may depend on what audio interfaces you are using and what drivers they use. Audition may get confused with multiple audio devices when using the basic Windows MME drivers. However it should be better behaved with ASIO drivers since they give Audition direct contact with the audio interface without anything in the Windows OS interfering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't actually thought about using ASIO drivers for the onboard device. I installed Asio4All just now and it seems to work. I'm gonna use it from now on and see if it behaves better overall.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASIO4All may help but it still basically uses the Windows MME drivers to access the onboard device. It acts as a translator between MME and ASIO only software. However it does give access to a few more controls over how the audio data is handled, which has some advantages over the Windows controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I didn't uninstall Soundbooth CS4.  It at least works.  Come on Adobe you should be able to create software that will find the current sound driver.  Good Lord!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem since first installing Audition.  I could never get it to play, when I did noise reductions, I had to do them blindly (or, "deafly?" idk, you get what I'm saying.)  I just guessed the levels and exported the files back to Premiere hoping they were good enough to slide by.  Today, I opened up the Preferences menu.  I didn't really change them, I just scrolled through and double checked my settings and when I exited out of the menu, suddenly it was playing when I hit the space bar!   I will double check the next time I use Audition, but I am willing to bet that perhaps it just takes time to "load" the media file in the program since usually I am not hanging around in Audition very long.  Or maybe surfing through the menus actually fixed a glitch in the system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If mine doesn't play I plug in headphones and then it plays. I spent a

lot of time trying to understand it all with no luck. But this fix

works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are in August of 2018, and still having this EXACT same problem on my Mac, and I, too, have tried all the suggested "fixes" with no luck. Holding down the SHIFT key upon start-up eliminated the missing Temp Volume error issue that would pop-up, but that was about it. This really is frustrating, and difficult to run a professional business with such inconsistent software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VelvetJnsn  wrote

Holding down the SHIFT key upon start-up eliminated the missing Temp Volume error issue that would pop-up, but that was about it. This really is frustrating, and difficult to run a professional business with such inconsistent software.

If you have a temp volume issue, then you haven't set Audition up correctly in the first place. Temp volume issues, especially in Waveform view, are all it will take to prevent previews working; the preview file is held in one. You need to resolve this completely before you will get reliable results. Once you've done this, you should have no inconsistencies at all - in just the same way as the vast majority of other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using souped up Mac Pro 2009 with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro for output to my amp (Mac OS Sierra -10.12.6). Working from PrPro to select my audio tracks to edit clips in Audition, everything loads but Audition won't playback UNTIL I discovered that if I select NO INPUT in my Audio Hardware settings in Audition, THEN I can swap between PrPro and Audition with full sound playback capabilities in both softwares.

Audition Audio.png

Worked for me..hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For choppy Sped up Audio playback: Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware>Set Input to NO INPUT. The NDI drivers give Adobe programs the blues. I had the Newtek NDI tools installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant mate. Thank you. I've been going bonkers trying to fix this for 3 days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely worked, bizarre 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked awesome for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it definitely worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Invariably when this happens, it is because the transport has become disconnected from your sound device - that's the only reason that it stops. As several people have demonstrated, sometimes this is caused by a fault in the preferences folder that you can 'cure' by having Audition reset it. That really isn't the first thing you should check to cure this problem though,  simply because it will also reset any other preferences you have set up as well. So before trashing your preferences, it's always worth carefully checking out your sound device settings first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem - but only intermittently. 

I'm working on an audio file, listening and making chages (like removing breaths, etc) - and then the next time I press the spacebar...the transport line moves but there's no sound. I have to save the file, then close it, then use Open Recent to open it again in order to hear the audio. 

I have to do this 2-3 times a day. It's frustrating.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't if this will work for others but here is what I did. I have a PreSonus USB Interface and I went to the Universal Control app and reset the Sample Rate to 48KHz and do all my recording in Audition at 48KHz also. No more audio issues in Multi-track mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Oddly the input device on PP was none and on Audition it was AUX input. When I switched it to none, it started playing immediately. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines