• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Save Not Actually Saving

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now been burned twice by the Auto Save function not working in Adobe Audition CC.  After 30 minutes of editing a session in the multitrack, AA crashes.  When I open Audition, a dialog comes up asking if I want to open the backed up files.  I click "Continue", and my session opens to the state it was in 40 minutes ago when I recorded the first bit of audio....unedited.  I checked my Backup folder and sure enough, the last backup was done 40 minutes ago.

I go to Preferences>Audio Save and both check boxes are enabled.  Auto Save recovery data every 10 minutes and Backup multitrack session files automatically every 3 minutes with a max number of backup files set to 10.  The files are saved within the session folder.

2017-05-18.png

Why is the Auto Save function in AA not saving a new file every three minutes?  What am I missing?  I am beyond frustrated right now.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost two days of voice over work because Audition does not auto-save correctly. Recovering from crashes has never worked either. For me this happens when multiple multi-track sessions are open at the same time. Audition seems to be saving only one of the multi-track sessions. Unfortunately for me, not the one I was actually working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've losted 5 hours of working ! I saved manually often and the autosave is every 3 minutes but all the files are missing. The audio files are well saved and on time but not the file session and its back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, you may not be offered the latest save by default - you may well find that if you search the folder, there's a newer session file available. No this isn't clever, and they really ought to sort this out, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines